Thread: Dr. Lava/Nautlius Integration

Default Dr. Lava/Nautlius Integration

Just to reiterate "Dr. Lava" and nautlis integration and his driver website http://hacylon.case.edu/ebay/laser_d..._FlexDrive.php are now totally fraudulent. No longer are any products delivered, nor will you receive money.t Bought a few drivers on behalf of a university, never received them nor have I gotten a refund (ordered on april 18). As I'm buying on behalf of a rather large optics lab, we certainly would have bought quite a few in the future if a product had ever been delivered. Anyway, this isn't a rare occurrence, it's his MO now, so I strongly recommend not buying from him. If you need a driver, would recommend building one of the many open source drivers available. Shorting out pins to adjust current isn't particularly optimal anyway.

That is funny I have his drivers sitting right here... Life sometimes gets in the way of business, even ones that are for a hobby business. I hope that you can get things worked out as Andrew is a good person, but things must be hectic at the moment. Either way it sucks, I am sorry you have had to wait so long.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by bdg2 View Post
    If you need a driver, would recommend building one of the many open source drivers available.
    Andrew is a good guy with good intentions. Maybe life does get in the way at times, which i completely understand but I'm in business too (Unfortunately my family suffers my absence while i run a business). I'm sorry you didn't get what you ordered/paid for.

Having said that, please link us to those open source drivers especially the ones with decent fast analog modulation.

That is very odd as google checkout only reserves the money, it doesn't charge the money until shipped. I also am waiting on Drlava, and look forward to his V5 driver. I just wish he would move sales product support to someone that can handle the load. I myself just asked if the LSX software is active or abandoned as I am waiting for a key after a rebuild.

I would really be surprised if he stole from you, I could see product not being shipped and frustrating, but as I stated the reserved charge falls off if not shipped and then will get charged once shipped; when using google checkout as he does.
    leading in trailing technology

Shorting out pins to adjust current isn't particularly optimal anyway.
    And ^^^ this is not his driver that would be the die4drive iirc

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    And ^^^ this is not his driver that would be the die4drive iirc
    You recall incorrectly. Here is his driver, feel free to look at how you adjust the current, it's by shorting out connections with a solder blob.

I have no vendetta against andrew, but this is not in any way a limited incident. And it isn't new. This has been going on for months. Life can be busy, but when that happens you take down your website. Complaints one, complaints two, complaints three Google checkout doesn't deliver the money to the seller until the product is shipped, I can assure you your credit card is charged immediately.

Again, it's not personal, but keeping your website active, accepting money and not filling orders is unacceptable. If you have other things going on, that's cool, take your site down.

Never had any issues with the ben boost driver, works well for my purposes which is producing illumination for a fluorescent microscope. I would never be permitted to purchase from dr. lava again even if I wanted to, as accounting has the credit card record and no record. Regardless, having a product with limited alternatives doesn't excuse bad business practices. No reason the site needs to stay up. At the very least the buyer should be made aware the product will not arrive anytime soon. If this had only happened to me I'd chalk it up as a fluke, but like I said this isn't a limited incident.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Andrew is a good guy with good intentions. Maybe life does get in the way at times, which i completely understand but I'm in business too (Unfortunately my family suffers my absence while i run a business). I'm sorry you didn't get what you ordered/paid for.

Having said that, please link us to those open source drivers especially the ones with decent fast analog modulation.

You recall incorrectly. Here is his driver, feel free to look at how you adjust the current, it's by shorting out connections with a solder blob.
    I didn't look at you original link assumed you were talking P3, my bad.

This has really been inexcusable, I remember when chuck (maxyz modules) started getting slack and eventually took off with some people's money....

Dr lava needs to double his prices and hire someone to help and give them the second half. I would still buy them at a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    This has really been inexcusable, I remember when chuck (maxyz modules) started getting slack and eventually took off with some people's money....

Dr lava needs to double his prices and hire someone to help and give them the second half. I would still buy them at a higher price.

Would never give him another dime. Switched drivers and it works fine. Also, it actually came, so that was a nice benefit too.