Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pangolin galvo?

I can vouch that they self center and would guess the large sized ones would work for moving LEDs around. I have been thinking of all kinds of ways they might be used; I don't think we've scratched the surface.

These developments are only vaguely related to our scanner developments, which work on a completely different principle.
    Bill,

I'm glad to hear that you are thinking outside of the box. Great! I am waiting along with everyone else, so please keep us posted.

....looking forward to CT6215 performance with DT40 price tag.
    Ya, right.

I think there had once been a link to the spec sheet for the VRAD and the numbers were useful. Could you find that link again?

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I can vouch that they self center and would guess the large sized ones would work for moving LEDs around. I have been thinking of all kinds of ways they might be used; I don't think we've scratched the surface.
    I actually have an idea for a VRAD use... might be picking one up soon to see if it will work for what I have in mind, think you guys will get a kick out of it! is in no way laser related

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I actually have an idea for a VRAD use... might be picking one up soon to see if it will work for what I have in mind, think you guys will get a kick out of it! is in no way laser related
    Yea, most of the ideas I have had are not laser related in anyway. It is good to diversify.

Hi guys,

The VRAD 1510 is a great replacement for the GM-20. I made a YouTube video discussing VRAD here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y99L6Ev5btg

It can be used to move big mirrors in addition to actuator arms. At the office, we have a mirror around 2 inches in diameter and VRAD can move this mirror around 40Hz.

VRAD can be considered to be an open-loop galvo, but since it has a passing shaft (shaft available on front and back side) an external position sensor can be attached and you can make a closed-loop system with it. In this case, hundreds of hertz should be possible, even with large mirrors.

Best regards,

William Benner