Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safety Policy etc...

Default Safety Policy / Risk Assessment / Contract etc...

Hi Folks

As you may know i've made a decision (due to health reasons) that I will not be doing any more commercial shows.

As such I will have no further need for a Health and Safety Policy I put together, so, i've decided to post it here as it may be useful for others.

Let's just get one thing straight here though right from the start...

1. This is by no means perfect, in fact, it's a long way from perfection.

2. Nobody should take this and use it 'as-is'. It will require 'personalising' to your particular requirements.

3. Please don't criticise it, it was accepted as being a 'very comprehensive document' by three seperate councils in the UK, and I am by no means a health and safety expert. Bear in mind that this was designed to meet the needs of the Authorities in the UNITED KINGDOM, so, for you guys over the pond it may be absolutely useless

4. I offer it here as a document for improvement. At least it's better than having nothing at all and should give someone who has no idea where to start a reasonable document to start from.

5. I accept no liability whatsoever should you find yourself in any sort of trouble by using this document. The onus is on YOU to make sure it meets your needs and the needs of anyone else BEFORE you use any part of it.

6. I took the time (and spent the money) to attend a VERY worthwhile laser safety course run by LaserVisuals -- May I respectfully suggest that you do the same... or remove the bit about training from the policy

O.K., now that's out of the way here it is...

http://www.pangolin.com/resguide09j.htm

Cheers

Jem

P.S... A little 'thank you' in this thread would be appreciated if you find the document useful
    Last edited by Jem; 03-10-2010 at 04:32. Reason: Policy is now available direct from Pangolin website
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thank you Jem. Real generous of you to decide to share this with the rest of PL.

Carl

Jem, thanks for your generosity. It contains some really good infromation that could be used to build on in other countries as well.

all the best

Ray

Just had a brief read through this Safety Document and By God this is very intense reading and very detailed.

I definitely need to rewrite the one I have done.

Carl

Thanks Jem, that's a really useful document. I fully endorse your comments about safety training and would second your recommendation of James's safety course.

Mega Ta Jem
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Cool

Hi Jem,
    thanks a lot for posting this document. I will be needing to submit something very close to this in the next year or so when I'm ready to go public.

It's really a big help to me and a lot of others I'm sure. Sometimes you just need a seed of thought planted buy someone else to get you started.

I think you just rocked up out the front of my house with a fully grown tree on a truck, roots and all....Ahhhh , quick wheres a shovel and a hose? I need to plant this sucker

thanks mate.
    Kit

british police use strong halogen lights to temporarily blind people?

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/20...social-control

if so i guess it's ok to blind some people at event... in britain

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post

There's a BIG difference in temporarily blinding someone with bright and/or flashing conventional light sources, and PERMANENTLY blinding someone with a laser, whether it was intentional, or not.....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post

Hi Dzodzo

Err... Why post the above in this thread?

Please start another thread for a completely unrelated subject.

Thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001