Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LASER-WAVE 1.8W 637 not visible after 3 meters because of beam splitting problem :(

Default LASER-WAVE 1.8W 637 not visible after 3 meters because of beam splitting problem :(

Hello Folks,

I have finally made some pictures of the bad beam from my laser-wave 1.8W 637 module
    I'm thinking about it to ship it back to laser-wave to repare the module, because this is not what i expected for so much money
    I think i can build a module at my own with better results. The beam is not visible after 3 meters. The divergence looks like 10mrad or something :S
    Hopefully Mr. Edison can help me with this otherwise i'll send it back. i got permission to adjust the module from laser-wave with their Troubleshooters page.
    But i don't love to do that, because maybe i make it only worser. and i expected for that money a good laser without any problems. I thought it was plug and play.

Here are the pictures :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-15 17.53.40.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	35372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-22 13.59.41.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	322.7 KB 
ID:	35373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-22 14.00.48.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	212.0 KB 
ID:	35374
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-22 14.01.18.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	35375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-22 14.01.34.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	297.1 KB 
ID:	35376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-07-22 13.59.05.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	35377

PROBLEM SOLVED A LITTLE BIT still little bit too big for me...

But i'm planning to build a new enclosure especially for the blue & red (~4W Magenta) with cheap galvo scanners good enough for beams & atmospherics
    because the beams don't match very well with the green and i want smaller cases/enclosures.

And build a seperate "small" case for the VERY BIG 2W 532 laser i have from laser-wave with the very BIG DRIVER. Also with cheap scanners etc

And i want to build a new SMALL RGB BUILD with less POWER , BUT with VERY HIGH QUALITY SMALL BEAM PROFILE for best colourbalanced at full power Graphics, Pure Yellow & Cyan BeamZz!!!
    And not any spark/glare/shimming/crosseffect around the laser spot/dot . i want PURE WHITE LIGHT ON THE WALL, SCREEN & IN THE AIR
    Last edited by svandescheur; 12-02-2012 at 04:02.
    HOME-GROWN RGB PROJECTOR ALMOST FINISHED...

- Laser-wave 2.5W 445 , 2W 532 & 1.8W 637
    - Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button
    - DT40-pro scanset @30K (Quickshow Limited)

powered by : P a n g o l i n

photos are meaningless with measurements

My bad ** without
    Last edited by andy_con; 07-22-2012 at 12:00.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

The Red & Blue does have some real big problems ! please take a look in this thread : http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...-not-satisfied

The photo's shows the beamsplittingproblems

I payed 7000USD for R, G & B modules.. And i'm not satisfied with this !
    Last edited by svandescheur; 07-22-2012 at 08:32.

- Stanwax® ilda- , colourcorrection- , ds3- , power distributionboard & key-stop with start button

TAKE A LOOK AT THE BEGIN OF THE BEAM AND THE END OF THE BEAM..

IT'S ONLY GETTING LESS VISIBLE AND MORE WIDER AND WIDER..

THE BEAM SPOT AFTER 4 METERS IS ALMOST 5 CM (contains a lot of : out of the line laserdots)
    Last edited by svandescheur; 07-22-2012 at 10:13.

Hi, have you thought about contacting Rob Stanley - STANWAX on PL. He is very skilled and may be able to offer some helpful advice He is also a laserwave distributor. Cheers M

svandescheur,

Maybe you should be a little more careful about your language and accusing people of bad reading and linguistic skills. I take offense at your thread for a number of reasons.

1) Your signature offends me, my children have access to my computer and your language I feel should be moderated out. I don't visit hear to read foul language.

2) Why be so offensive to Andy, he is only trying to help? If you ask for advice and you don't like or understand the response, then be polite. Rather than rude and offensive

If I were reading your posts I would think you are just being foul mouthed and offensive, I for one won't be offering any help and hope other forum members also leave you to solve your own juvenile issues, maybe then you will learn some manners!

To paraphrase the offensive signature " Please think 10 times before you help this guy"!

******************** NOTE TO WHOEVER MODERATES THIS FORUM, Is this acceptable etiquete? If so I am in the wrong place.********************

What andy probably meant, is that the pictures are useless without measurements of the beam at the aperture and in the far field. Besides that your pictures are not clear, but it looks like the diode alignments are off. Besides that if you come here looking for help and get stupid with people, you’re in for a long wait dude. Good luck!

svandescheur,

I am pleased I am not alone, thanks Solarfire. I have met both Andy and Rob, who I feel could have really helped you. But If I were them I would tell you to find your own answers.

Hello Mickey,

Thanks for help.
    I have contacted Rob so much that he is not replying anymore.
    I can understand that, because i have asked 1000ths of questions.
    But soon i'll get some help from Mr. Edison
    He can also help with the laser-wave modules.
    But it's so sad that i payed so much money for bad lasermodules.
    They got a lot of probs

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEY S UK View Post
    Hi, have you thought about contacting Rob Stanley - STANWAX on PL. He is very skilled and may be able to offer some helpful advice He is also a laserwave distributor. Cheers M