Thread: Flexmod as TEC driver

Default Flexmod as TEC driver

Sorry if this has been broached berfore... a ton of results show up from searching "Flexmod TEC".

Anyway, my question is, has anyone driven a small TEC (56 junctions) with a flexmod? I want to use this small TEC and the base of my 445nm to cool it. Now, with such a small TEC, I could probably just leave juice running to it all the time but if I am ever in a humid area, I don't want condensation building on the collimator. What I was thinking is; running two flexmods... one to the 445nm and the other to the TEC at the correct current. I would have both tied into the blue modulation so that when the blue is "on" so is the TEC. If the blue is at 25%, so will the TEC be. If the blue is at 100%, so is the TEC. Any thoughts to this? I don't think this TEC is rated for more than two amps so, I am pretty sure the flexmod can drive it. I would go with a Die4, but I have a surplus of flexmods...
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Have you read this thread? At least with the new 9mm 445s you don't need TEC cooling... ~2.5-3W without cooling...just a thought

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hlight=445+tec

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboy3625 View Post
    Have you read this thread? At least with the new 9mm 445s you don't need TEC cooling... ~2.5-3W without cooling...just a thought

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...hlight=445+tec
    Damn, those diodes look beast. Efficient and powerufl. I may be keen on buying one.

I am not strapped for cash or anything, I just wanted to use what I had on-hand.

I have driven a tec with a flexmod, just connect 5v through your chosen stat, all good.
    Squat that bug,

One day I'll finish my build.
    https://www.facebook.com/Azteclasers?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaztec View Post
    I have driven a tec with a flexmod, just connect 5v through your chosen stat, all good.
    Awesome. I will give it a go then. Thanks!

"stat" explain.. I want to use a quad driver for the same purpose

you could also drive the modulation input with a voltage divider made out of a 20K thermistor and a trimmer, for temperature setpoint... just draw the voltage curve of your divider around the desired temperature range and voila!