Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variance Help

Laser Warning Variance Help

Basically a sob story and plea for help so if you're not into that move on.

I was young and dumb and had 3 custom built systems made for myself. For the price I paid I probably could have gotten 6 projection systems of the same quality with variance included. It was a packaged deal that included the 3 units and an attorney to do the paperwork. Well I sheepishly paid for everything upfront even though they only required partial payment upfront. Well long story short, I got the projectors and they are built to legal spec, I just can't use them. I need the paperwork. I think that the attorney started the variance paperwork, but never finished it. I paid him upfront too. Lesson learned. I was going to sue him but the statue of limitations has already expired. I do not have the tools to do any kind of measurements on my systems. I own a sound and lighting rental company, which is why I got into this mess in the first place. Could anyone local (Ohio) help me get this paperwork finished? Is there anything I can do or did I screw myself? I still need the product report, Variance, and show report completed.
    Last edited by eighty8; 01-19-2017 at 21:51.
    Thanks
    -Eighty8
    -----------------------------------------------
    Projectors:
    1x 500mW RGV TTL - Work in progress (red 650nm@200mW/green 532nm 100mW/violet 405nm@200mW)
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW)

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE

I doubt you will find someone that will do all the work required for just 3 projectors of yours.
    IF you do happen to find someone willing to do all the paperwork for you, it's going to cost you more than what all your projectors are worth.

Honestly, your better off scraping them for parts, and buying varianced projectors which include filing for your business.
    The cost of legal/ varianced projectors has really come down compared to just 2-3 yrs ago.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I'm sure it wasn't the attorney who was building the projectors. Who built the projectors and do they have a manufacturers variance in the first place or, did they think the attorney was actually going to have the knowledge to even attempt that? You *could* actually attempt to do this yourself and a show variance is not so onerous that it can't be done yourself with some guidance but, a product variance for the projectors on the other hand is an enormous amount of work. There are companies that can assist you with it but yes, it will cost far more than what the projectors are probably work. Are they the three 1 watt RGB's in your signature line?
    PM Sent...

My signature line is outdated and I couldn't find out how to change it. Yes they are the 3 in my sig:
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW). I scrapped the TTL and have 2 FB3 boxes now.
    Sounds like my best options are to keep nagging the attorney or go with a company. I agree if I have to pay anymore significant amount of money, it would just be worth buying comparable units (such as X-Laser or other) that would probably cost the same amount as I would be charged for the paperwork.
    Thanks
    -Eighty8
    Projectors:
    1x 500mW RGV TTL - Work in progress (red 650nm@200mW/green 532nm 100mW/violet 405nm@200mW)
    3x 1W RGB Analog - Work in progress (red 650nm@500mW/green 532nm@200mW/blue 445nm @300mW)

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I've yet to meet an Attorney at Law who could do that paperwork properly.
    Where in Ohio?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve, The thing I've learned is don't have an attorney do the paperwork unless they are actually making you a contract. Have a professional do it, not an attorney.
    I live in Cuyahoga Falls
    Thanks
    -Eighty8
    Projectors:

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE

I'm from Akron, I know what the Polymers Taste Like... Tastes like chicken...
    !
    That said, our nearest CDRH rep is in a Columbus suburb, and visits the area frequently...
    He loves raiding Cleveland clubs, and is effective....
    The other is in Cinci, and is well, scary if your a newbie...
    !
    Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-20-2017 at 13:38.

Steve, I all know the taste too well myself. I had worked in one of the Rubber Factories for over 5 years and even though they don't produce it there anymore, it still smelt like it.
    My goal is to eventually get into a club or two in Cleveland, If I don't move first before getting this paperwork finished.
    Thanks
    -Eighty8
    Projectors:

Controllers:
    Phoenix Live 3
    QS 2.0/FB3-XE

If one of your Cleveland competitors is still in the flats, the one I am thinking of works for a tiny amount of cash, the right to party, free drinks, maybe some weed, does odd jobs, and looses his wife's money on projectors...
    ~
    Hard to compete against his "almost free". I'm amazed the mother of his children lets him get away with it...
    !
    I cant "un-busy" my schedule right now for a couple of weeks, its the start of the college semester at work and I am buried. I'll PM you shortly, but I have other PL obligations that I am behind on now. I am now a full time caregiver for a parent who can't drive anymore, besides full time Senior Technician... But variances are not difficult for me..
    ~
    Steve

Just another word of warning Eighty8, in case you should decide to go with X Laser and to avoid you being caught out a 2nd time, there are now 2 totally unrelated X-Laser companies - 1 in China and 1 in the US, that make totally different projectors. Don't make the mistake of thinking you're buying from the US company by buying from China or of buying 2nd hand without knowing it's X Laser USA. It's my understanding that only X Laser USA is varianced.