Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LPF...

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Ahhh the open door..... Creak....

Your silence. You know what you did. We know what you did. Thank you one last time. Now be still.
    Don't expect me to be silent when other people are trying to take credit for my work or discredit me for the work I have done.

That much of this conversation is within the scope of this thread.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

James, do you have any video shootings of these ADAT shows? To me it's a black box and i can't understand how does it work in action. Some short video would be nice.

A first generation ADAT machine (called a black face ADAT) is 8 channels of 16-bits at 48K. The nice thing is that it is very easy to DC modified both the inputs and the outputs without the need of any extra electronics. ADAT machines are already designed to be differential so there is no DC offset to null and they are designed for pro audio mixing boards so they have +4dB outputs with enough voltage swing to drive scanners and colors directly. So a modified ADAT machine is just like a laser show VCR for X, Y, R, G, B, time code, L-audio, R-audio. It really nice! That is why it is so commonly used.

A first gen ADAT is a black box!

The only video I have of any animated laser shows are done in LaserBoy.

If it's done right, you would never know the difference between an ADAT tape of a show or the show coming directly from any laser DAC. That's the whole point!

That is also what proved to me that I could do all of it in the digital domain and use a cheap sound card as the output device. There is absolutely no difference between an ADAT tape playing in a machine and an 8 channel wave playing through a sound card. They are both 8 channels of 16-bit DC coupled audio. The big enhancement that LaserBoy brings to the technology is the direct binary to binary connection between the original art and the final wave. There is no analog in the translation process.
    Last edited by james; 01-11-2013 at 11:43.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.