Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visible Laser Lab Start Up Kit...405 nm to 640 nm

Laser Warning Visible Laser Lab Start Up Kit...405 nm to 640 nm

Hello,
    Sam and I have a collection of six high end scientific lasers removed from a $200,000 microscope unit with 550 hours on it. We are offering these six lasers as a kit but individual laser buying offers will also be considered after a time. Pictures will be available soon. All lasers have been tested by Dr. Sam Goldwasser (Sam's Laser FAQ) and are like new condition with low hours.

642 nm 40 mW Melles Griot diode
    561 nm 48 mW Cobaly Jive DPSS (single frequency)
    515 nm 26 mW Cobalt Fandango DPSS (single frequency)
    488 nm 50 mW Coherent Sapphire OPSL (tested single frequency)
    440 nm 50 mW Melles Griot diode
    405 nm 50 mW Melles Griot diode

We are asking $30K plus actual shipping for these six lasers including three high end AO modulators for the DPSS/OPSL lasers; the diode lasers may be modulated directly.

Serious offers will be considered. Phil Bergeron, (813) 974-2378 or pbergero@usf<dot>edu
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPics.gif 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	36982

A shame the only wavelengths on that list which are not available in direct diode form for $100 is rapidly shrinking! All that is left at this point is 561 and 488nm are all that is left

These are high end $$$ new scientific lasers; not light show sources. If you check prices you will find that for the right buyer this is a great deal. The 488 nm, 514 nm and 561 nm lasers are single frequency; most diode lasers can't touch that.

Quote Originally Posted by 142laser View Post
    These are high end $$$ new scientific lasers; not light show sources. If you check prices you will find that for the right buyer this is a great deal. The 488 nm, 514 nm and 561 nm lasers are single frequency; most diode lasers can't touch that.
    Did I read that right, 30,000 dollars !!!!

Yes the price is correct, only asking $30K and will consider serious offers near that figure. A new professor starting a laser lab could really save some start up money here. Price the lasers; youy will see. Phil

He'll be waiting a while to offload that lot on this forum!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah... don't look for me to say. "PM Sent".

That's all ArcDevilz this time... we'll let the west coat addict have a shot.

Take a look at the diode laser prices on the Melles Griot website. We will consider reasoanble offers lower than the asking price but just the three diode lasers alone are near $20K new and a 50 mW Coherent Sapphire SLM is near $9K. The two Cobalt lasers are probably similar and all these lasers have 550 hours on them. I know many people here are used to light show laser prices but these are scientific quality lasers for spectroscopy, holography and serious science. If a Mercedes with 500 miles on it was half price would that be too high?

I know many people here are used to light show laser prices but these are scientific quality lasers for spectroscopy, holography and serious science. If a Mercedes with 500 miles on it was half price would that be too high?
    I'll avoid the temptation to say something un-nice. I believe you are trying to get these sold and are giving a shot on this forum. I agree with helium that this will probably not be a quick sale but, what is interesting is that you would believe that there would be ANY POSSIBILITY of selling them here. I think this speaks highly of the broad reach of this forum. It's not like you can go to the "fun with DNA sequencing chat room" and list these on the buy/sell trade section. And so, good luck. You might find a buyer if you are patient and are willing to be very flexible. Incidentally, why are you selling these lasers?

In my experience, those with budgets to spend that kind of money on lasers are waaay more interested in the results they will get with them, not in getting a good deal. They want the predictability and warranty that comes with a new device despite the asserted condition of something harvested from another piece of used equipment. And they're usually spending someone else's money, and that entity doesn't want to take the chance of blown deadlines because of a harvested laser. But this listing will pop up on web searches, and I hope the best for their sale. I can think of no one better to buy a laser from than Sam & Phil, because if they say it's working well, it certainly IS.