Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agent of Orange

Default Agent of Orange

I am building a new cryogenic laser and rather than bury progress reports within another thread, I am posting a link to a few images of the low temperature insert that I finished earlier today. I am working on the RT optical bench that will combine the output of the two diodes and focus them into an SMA fiber for convenient coupling into a laser projector.

Let me know what you think.

http://imageshack.us/g/854/dsc0658mc.jpg/

Nice!! I look forward to seeing more progress:-)

Excellent Eric.

[I've not forgotten about my rig; just taken delivery of a new mill, so the place is currently upside down while I get that sorted. ]
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I am holding off on the Lathe for this very reason.

Cool. Looks like an anti-matter injector from Star Trek or something. Are you still using frozen carbon dioxide or some other method? What's the predicted wavelength? From the title of this thread, I'd guess in the low 600's .. close ?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Planters,

Did you get the box with the cryo-cooler? All it needs is 24V at a lot of amps and a enable signal.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve-O,

Yes I know and there's nothing for fancy. It has to look as it does because it has to remain strictly immobile in 6 axis re the RT optical bench as it drops nearly 220 degrees C. No more dry ice; only LN2 and 609nm will likely be the working wavelength. I've already hit 608nm in the first proof of concept apparatus.

Steve,

Yes, and thanks. I think this will be for a super sensitive detector 4x4 or 5x5 for high speed tracking as the waste heat from the laser diodes will be on the order of 5-6W. By the way, after messaging with Jurgita (she seems nice) I think I am square. Don't need any info re 588nm. I think I have this covered and then some and I'll tell everyone what the hell I am hinting @ in an up comming video describing the big green.

This last weekend I completed the cryogenic laser and set it up for testing. I made a new video of the test which includes some details of the construction as well as some suggested applications. I am really happy with the result, although I got a little bit of a scare during the cool down when I forgot to account for the temperature effect on the voltage drop across the diode junction.

I plan to incorporate this laser in a big lumia projector in the future which will really benefit from the unique color. Finally now, I can get back to the "Big Green" without all these distractions. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w4czym1FFg

Quote Originally Posted by planters View Post
    This last weekend I completed the cryogenic laser and set it up for testing. I made a new video of the test which includes some details of the construction as well as some suggested applications. I am really happy with the result, although I got a little bit of a scare during the cool down when I forgot to account for the temperature effect on the voltage drop across the diode junction.

I plan to incorporate this laser in a big lumia projector in the future which will really benefit from the unique color. Finally now, I can get back to the "Big Green" without all these distractions. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w4czym1FFg
    Watching now, Thanks!

Have you have much luck with just RGB lumia rigs. I have been amazed at the colors coming from just my 3 diode source. Been trying to grab it on video, but it hot spots badly on camera and loses the beauty.

EDIT: is this workshop at your home? :eek
    leading in trailing technology

Sir, hat tipped.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -