Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: mini PJ build

Default mini PJ build

Well as a project is finishing why not start another. Don;t mind the PBS cubes and mount just for mocking purposes.

Using the PL450, PL520, and HL6303 should put out about 400mw with great beam specs when done, looks like it will be 8.5 X 4.5 X 4.5.

I believe I have the diode block height correct to the scanners but won;t know till i fire it up and I just snapped my 4/40 tap so I have to wait to get to hardware store as the drivers are not sinked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (1).JPG 
Views:	388 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	38492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (1).JPG 
Views:	464 
Size:	278.1 KB 
ID:	38493
    leading in trailing technology

How are you managing 400mw with 3 diodes? Also, I have been reading that dichros for the 520 are a problem, did you get that sorted (PBS instead?)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    How are you managing 400mw with 3 diodes? Also, I have been reading that dichros for the 520 are a problem, did you get that sorted (PBS instead?)?
    Nope the PBS just happened to be on the flex mounts I'm using or spacing. I don't need to worry bout a dichro for 520 as the 520 is first and hits a mirror.
    Power by diode. I overdrive them. 520 will run at max on spec sheet

520 will be 80-100mw
    638 120-200mw
    450 200-300mw
    Last edited by polishedball; 05-31-2013 at 19:08.

Nice:-) I have been considering DTR's single mode bundle, so I'll be watching your progress while I allocate the funds.

Niceee! Keep us posted with your project
    Philipp Wetter

scanned it today. blown away at how good it looks. that tight tiny beam looks so good. 75mw 520, 150mw 638, 175mw 450, from the DTR RGB package.

Name:	photo 1 (2).JPG 
Views:	251 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	38556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	38557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3 (1).JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	38558

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's cute!

i must build one. the projector i'm using right now is way too powerful for my living room. i have to project onto a flat black surface to keep the eye strain down.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    scanned it today. blown away at how good it looks. that tight tiny beam looks so good. 75mw 520, 150mw 638, 175mw 450, from the DTR RGB package.

Name:	photo 1 (2).JPG 
Views:	251 
Size:	241.2 KB 
ID:	38556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (2).JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	38557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3 (1).JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	38558

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    that's cute!

i must build one. the projector i'm using right now is way too powerful for my living room. i have to project onto a flat black surface to keep the eye strain down.
    I had the same issue scatter from my 7w box was crazy. This is pretty much perfect for a smaller room and with how tight the beams are it looks better than my old 3/4w box. Thinking this one will need a sister for dual head shows.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i need something with *excellent* beam specs for some of my photography projects.

the 3 diode purchase from DTR is really tempting, but substituting a 660nm would increase the color gamut.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I had the same issue scatter from my 7w box was crazy. This is pretty much perfect for a smaller room and with how tight the beams are it looks better than my old 3/4w box. Thinking this one will need a sister for dual head shows.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i need something with *excellent* beam specs for some of my photography projects.

the 3 diode purchase from DTR is really tempting, but substituting a 660nm would increase the color gamut.
    True, I'm just a yellow freak and really like the mix with 638. Theses diodes are not as tight at the 660 DVD diodes, but still very nice, could be the cheapo lens though.