Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Designing my (friends) firstRGB PJ, need a little guidance

$175 is WAY cheaper than DT40 wides, might be a good option. As for what my friend wants; well, he wants to be able to spell his company name on the back wall during parties, in addition to beam shows.

30k galvos should have no problems with text given its not some crazy huge name in fancy font.
    what software were you thinking of running?
    i would say a good option is lsx and a riya lite dac.
    but a cheaper option could be a soundcard dac plus LFI PLAYER or another free program. is there still a free version of spaghetti?
    sound card dacs are good i have had 2 one a dr lava corrected one and the other 300 evil design.
    tbh i have had some problems with my riya lite dac but i know how to fix it as it only affect older models.
    the usb cable in older models kinda suck and a cap across the power line helps.
    the eatherdream dac is awesome dont own but heard alot of good.
    there is the open laser show dac
    http://www.fab-favreau.com/index.php...enLaserShowDAC
    i think he is also the creator of monkey tools name might be wrong.
    i have a dedicated p4 laptop running my projector its not a bad idea to get a dedicated machine.
    i even dissable the internet so it cant ever update/change settings so it always works.
    now dont get me started on cases. im so bad at those my projectors almost live in harborfreight aluminum carry cases. as every real case i just dont like and am to cheap to buy one from goldstar.

When I finally build a projector for myself it will be eatherdream + LSX; for this, quickshow for its user friendliness. As for font, all it has to say is "The Carpet Guys" in plain text. It will be mostly beams. Forgive my short responses, I have friends over tonight.