Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1W 405nm Laser Diodes - Push to 1.9W - 4 available

Default 1W 405nm Laser Diodes - Push to 1.9W - 4 available

I had a bunch of high power 405nm laser diode modules from some sort of prototype video display system. I've sold nearly all of them at this point, but still have 4 which I set aside because they maxed out at >1.9W which is much higher than the others (1.1W - 1.6W). I originally thought these were Opnext HL40023MG 500mW diodes, but it seems more likely they are some sort of 1W diodes. In any case, I'm offering the last 4 here @ $250+sh ea for anyone crazy enough to want a super high power 405nm laser. For reference, the 500mW HL40023MG are $1600 ea (http://www.thorlabs.com/thorproduct....mber=HL40023MG). These diodes have similar specs to the HL40023MG (spec sheet available on the Thorlabs page), but don't fold back until >1.9W. I'd recommend running them at 1.75W or less and keeping them as cool as possible for any kind of lifetime. They are installed in a collimated module like shown here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=111086096755

All the optics have been removed so it's just the diode pressed into the copper heat sink and the collimating lens which is similar to a 405-G-2, but AR coated for super low loss at 405nm (<1%). They are fixed focus and the spot is about 5mm x 20mm at 10m which works out to 0.5mrad / 2mrad divergence (these obviously do not have anamorphic correction). If you prefer, I can extract the diode and lens and send them instead of the module. No driver included - you'll need something that can handle a diode voltage of around 6V @ 1.5A. I have Lasorbs that work with these for $7 ea. US shipping should be around $10 for insured UPS ground. International shipping by EMS will be more like $40. PM me an address for an exact number.

Standard laser diode warranty applies - absolutely none. I've carefully tested each one and they ship with shorting jumpers and anti-static packaging so they arrive in working condition.

Would be nice if Edison could integrate that into a module.

Exactly my idea!!! Would be fun just to build one but unfortunally i have other things that needs to be done first like building reds and blue,s.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Are you going to get any more?

It's pretty unlikely I'll get more of these. They were part of a prototype and the company has gone full production now.

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    It's pretty unlikely I'll get more of these. They were part of a prototype and the company has gone full production now.
    Missed it by that much. You do have some nice stuff for sale on feebay.

Keen as a bean for the lot. You have a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstorm View Post
    Keen as a bean for the lot. You have a PM!
    I pm'd days ago never heard back assume they sold or something.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I pm'd days ago never heard back assume they sold or something.
    Thanks for letting us know. Back to the drawing board.

I've been distracted by other projects here. The diodes are still available. PM (replies) sent.