Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 473nm laser diodes

Default 473nm laser diodes

That's right, 473 nm laser diodes. These are brand-new (still sealed in package) Nicha diodes, part number NDHA210APAE1, datasheet here.
    Each diode comes with individualized test data. Wavelengths get as long as 477nm.
    Asking $600 each, or $2000 for all four.

Well, that would be unique. If I had the money, I'd consider it just for the novelty, but then again, last time blue diodes were available for a price similar to this, they dropped in price by around 90% pretty quick.

How did you come across such unique specimens, if you don't mind my asking?

- Jonathan

If you halved the price; I'd have one.
    It would be really useful for a small project, but I can't justify such $$$ full price on it.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

We are currently running tests and a raffle for one of these diodes back on LPF.

Also have another member who bought a diode for himself, I have the pleasure to build with it.

These look great but I'll wait for the price to be halved and the output to be >100mW. I think a 120mW single-mode version would be great.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

We were able to snag 4 for about $1200 on ebay, one is going for a raffle ($40 = 8 tickets). The other was bought my my buddy, I'm building his, and the other two are being built by the original customer.

Are there any more available on eBay?
    Really interested in one at $300.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

These were part of a small auction with less than 12 available. They were stock prototypes that aren't really available anymore. If you haven't bought one now, you probably won't get one.

PM Bwang if you want one of these. Otherwise, you won't see them again. The 4 we got have been dealt with.

I still have these, by popular demand I will drop the price to $300 a piece. 3 available, I'm holding on to the fourth for now.

$12/mW is still too rich for my blood. I think these would be great for a nice blue color palette but 25mW is a tad too low and $300 would hurt if the diode ever went pop. 473ish is a damn pretty blue though. I personally can't stand 445~450 for the blue leg in an RGB setup. When/if these ever hit 100mW+, I would definitely grab one for an RGBB setup. Hope you find a buyer!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.