Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sample metal band logo .ild files...

Default Sample metal band logo .ild files...

Today I decided I needed to learn how to use the free laser creation software that is available on the 'net... So I have been trying to use programs like Laser Boy, BMP2ILD, etc...

BMP2ILD is really the only one I can halfway figure out, so I played around with a couple of bands logos. Unfortunately, I couldn't play them in my laser, so I'm not sure why, I thought maybe it was the point count, or maybe the fact that BMP2ILD doesn't save these in ILD format 0, which is what the projector plays... Anyway, easy to figure out the software, if anyone can check and see for me what these files are made in, it would help... Maybe they need to be converted over to ILD format 0?

The Acheron logo I could understand why it might not be projected; there's probably over 2000 points in there! (Look at the file size!) I might need a program to convert these to ild format 0??

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dangit, I posted this in the wrong forum!!

You would get much better results by manually tracing over the bitmap in LaserBoy than using some kind of automatic bitmap to vector converter.

If you are interested, I can help you learn how to do it.

You can save your results in just about any ILDA format.

Regardless of what you might have heard, it's not much harder than gouging your eyeballs out with a spoon.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

laser Venom

where do i sign up

i saw them a few years ago but it was more like Cronos and friends

Yeah, I WISH I could have seen Venom live. I know they played at Maryland Death Fest this year, though some of their set got cut short... As long as it's got Cronos then I'm happy... Too bad Mantas isn't on board though, his leads are spectacular...

And James, I actually played around with Laser Boy tonight, seems like just by rendering the logo already made with bmp2ild, it reduced the "points" by quite a bit, without me really doing anything! And of course, the automatic addition of effects (like rainbow, rotate, etc.) plus doing it frame by frame, well, that's an effect I would expect to find in the Pangolin software! So don't think I didn't give the software a try, but still can't figure out how to FORCE a certain kind of ILD output... Hang on, lemme check something...

Nope, I checked I have the 5-01-2013 edition!!! Thought maybe I was running an older version for a minute!! I'm wondering if I can run the now converted .ild files in my projector....

How do you force laser boy to save in ild format 0, or does it do it automatically?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

ildsos will allow you to save different ild version files. it also does a very good job of going from svg/dxf to ilda.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    And James, I actually played around with Laser Boy tonight, seems like just by rendering the logo already made with bmp2ild, it reduced the "points" by quite a bit, without me really doing anything! And of course, the automatic addition of effects (like rainbow, rotate, etc.) plus doing it frame by frame, well, that's an effect I would expect to find in the Pangolin software! So don't think I didn't give the software a try, but still can't figure out how to FORCE a certain kind of ILD output... Hang on, lemme check something...

Nope, I checked I have the 5-01-2013 edition!!! Thought maybe I was running an older version for a minute!! I'm wondering if I can run the now converted .ild files in my projector....

How do you force laser boy to save in ild format 0, or does it do it automatically?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    Yeah, I WISH I could have seen Venom live. I know they played at Maryland Death Fest this year, though some of their set got cut short... As long as it's got Cronos then I'm happy... Too bad Mantas isn't on board though, his leads are spectacular...
    Venom as 'Inject the..' and 'Buried Alive'? I didn't know they were still making music, or is this a US band of same name. It's hard to keep track since the early 80's, specially not being part of it in any way for a long time. I used to live with Amebix, for a while.

Last edited by VJ AIWAZ; 08-30-2013 at 23:39.

The very same. Not sure where the hell I got 'Inject the venom' from, that wasn't there, but that's how it went. There was 'Inject the venom', then suddenly we had Venom, and Amebix wasn't the only source of that kind of sound we knew. (I was a punk, but I knew an liked heavy rock when I got to hear it). There were other precedents though. I remember how excited Rob of Amebix was when he brought to me a white-label copy of Metallica's Ride the Lightining. I was the only one in several squats who had managed to put together a decent record player... Between Venom and Metallica, (and Dio, though he is rarely credited as much as they are for how much influence he had) everything changed. Before it was all 'Wheels of Steel', and a few wild excursions like Hawkwind and Motorhead, after that the boundary between metal and punk was gone. And I think the Norwegians had a big part in it too. They visited us. And then half the local scene went to Norway. I didn't go, and maybe should have, I think they had more fun than those who stayed. Metal's weird though. So many denominations these days! Funny that all that satanic malarkey turned it into a church.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 08-31-2013 at 05:15.