Thread: Any of you have a Techshop membership?

Default Any of you have a Techshop membership?

I've been toying with the idea of a Techshop membership for over a year now, and I finally took a tour last week. This week I plan on taking a couple of the classes before I buy my membership, and then I just need to figure out what to build first. :-P

No one? Weird....

I took my first class today, Woodshop safety & basic use. Tomorrow is powder coating. Next month is the Tormach. Then I'll be building my first laser module.

Sounds awesome. Any hands on learning will always be a plus in your life.

Make sure you post pix of your finish work.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    ― Benjamin Franklin; stairwell plaque in the Statue of Liberty

"And so shines a good deed in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting SCAMMED On The Internet CLICK

Just finished the powder coating class, now I'm ready to powder coat everything I own that's made of metal. I took the class because I want to have my confetti cannons powder coated (flat black paint wears like shit), but it's so easy I'm looking for excuses to powder coat. I think my next class will be a metal working class, and soon after, the tormach.

Looks like a great alternative to buying a bunch of tools! Too bad there's nothing close to me. Maybe sometime in the future

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Hi Greg,

Where I live there is not only Techshop, but 2 other alternatives; perhaps you have something similar, but just don't know about it. Even if nothing like Techshop exists in your area, I imagine that it is only a matter of time before something pops up.

Makerspace is another. I've toyed with the idea of becoming a member, but the closest place is still a ways away.