Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2fl Dave's lens on 445

Default 2fl Dave's lens on 445

Anyone ever used the combination. Thoughts.
    leading in trailing technology

Not me, though I probably will try it eventually. That said, I looked for posts about this, and the consensus was always solid: 405-G-2 for blue, and apparently best corrected with prisms rather than cylinder lenses. Dave's lenses havea broadband coating though, so it might be interesting to try.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Not me, though I probably will try it eventually. That said, I looked for posts about this, and the consensus was always solid: 405-G-2 for blue, and apparently best corrected with prisms rather than cylinder lenses. Dave's lenses havea broadband coating though, so it might be interesting to try.
    That is what I usually use. I'll be freeing up 4 of them in a rebuild shortly, but want to test this new TB450B diode and wondering if I could use Dave's lens since I have one extra in the box right now.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    That is what I usually use. I'll be freeing up 4 of them in a rebuild shortly, but want to test this new TB450B diode and wondering if I could use Dave's lens since I have one extra in the box right now.
    Now I'm really interested. I just have a bunch of A130 diodes I bought a couple of years ago or more. If this new diode has a more compact emission pattern it may well be better with Dave's lens, especially if it's anything like a G71. If you end up with lots of gorgeous pics of it in action, all the better.

I have tried it shortly , it worked great!, im not sure how the far field will be but I manage to get a tiny dot with 2fl and daves cyl lens
    Philipp Wetter

I am pretty sure one of the forum guys tried a while back.. The details are somewhere in the 445nm section..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I did a brief test once , all i saw was a near 50% power loss
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    Which diodes? (What kind of beam size and shape did they get when using a G2?) I'm guessing that the fast axis left light uncollected by the smaller lens. I don't know about the new blue diodes, but if they diverge less, they might make a lot of difference and be great with the 2mm fl lens. Also, given that blue seems the easiest and cheapest to get in raw strength, that loss might be fine, as a tradeoff for a thin sharp beam. So long as it stays that way for some distance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    I adjust saw the same results. The beam was better but losses great. 405-g2 lens was 1.3w, Dave's lens 950mw.

diode i tried was m140 445nm , at 2mmfl i doubt any light missed the lens , i think its down to the fact of the ar coating is for red and not broadband.
    for my builds i use the g2 len along with cylinder lens set , or an olike lens with a prism set if the build is more than 2 diodes combined
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.