Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1W Green Diodes

Default 1W Green Diodes

There has now been an eBay listing for a 1W Nichia multi-mode 520nm diode. This diode boasts a 0.8W/A efficiency and a 0.3A threshold. The cost @ this time is $999 each.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NICHIA-5...item3cd9d83bbf

Obviously, the divergence will have to be tamed and their "reasonable life"/maximum power will have to be determined. At anywhere near this price experimenting with them is going to be very limited, but building modules to house these and PBS/wave plates to combine them will be trivial for anyone with some projector experience.

There have also been a press release for 0.9W 475nm Nichia multi-mode diodes as well and this opens up a very attractive color option. I am interested in these.

The green diodes will become cost competitive with the DPSS lasers once the price drops down below $200 for the diode itself. I do not know how quickly this will happen. It might be months, a year or a couple of years, but it won't be forever. So, I am in possession of a dozen 1W, 2W and 4W DPSS lasers that I want to move NOW and I will sell these at below cost rather than continue to hold until that day eventually arrives. The 1W and 2W are polarized and so if additional power is sought they can be combined together or with a diode with a conventional wave plate and PBS cube.

1W-$300
    2W-$700
    4W-$1400

PM me if your interested
    Last edited by planters; 12-13-2013 at 07:29.

there has been an error, you should fix the link for us to have a look

There is another thread started about the exact same 2 diodes ......
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...highlight=tame
    The news must have just hit the stands

Are those Laserwave greens you are selling? Are they just the modules, or do they include drivers & power supplies?

Steve and Stiffler,

Yes, I am. I am loosing some money, but not a fortune if I sell the whole inventory. I bought these with the idea that I was sorta fronting for a group buy. Based on my other activities this was never intended to be a profitable investment or a time saver (for me), but rather a more convenient source for the community. These aren't useful if they sit on my shelves, so if they go into some builds or upgrades then I'm satisfied.

Also, if you do come to Boston in January then I'll bring yours and any that are left, for any one who want one, to avoid shipping costs.

These are the whole enchilada. Laserwave, 1W OEM-V-S and 2W OEM-V (there is no 2W-V-S yet) and a 4W OEM-V with driver (analog modulation) and a 110VAC compatible power supply. But wait, if you order early I'll include Lab Snacks (probably only pretzels left now).

PM sent on the 4Watt… Dibs!!!!

Dibs on the 2 Watt !! PM sent Mr.P -------------

Pm re 1W. And some extra characters

PM sent regarding 1W OEM-V-S.