Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiesta.NET PRO - triple ILDA output in 19" rack

Default Fiesta.NET PRO - triple ILDA output in 19" rack

SOLD

I have to sell this nice 19" 1U rack, which is a perfect and very reliable solution to do lasershow over a standard ethernet connection (WIFI or wired).

It have 3 independent ILDA outputs + 3 DMX outputs.

Software is great too, very efficient and easy to make beamshow effects, with a lot of possibilities for professional shows, either timeline with music or video sync, or live with full MIDI control.
    Also you have access to a lot of free pre-made shows with real laser visualization (Youtube), and I will offer my own custom workspace to the buyer, incl. Matrix effects.

http://showtacle.com/products/fiestanet-pro
    http://showtacle.com/products/fiesta-net

Open to all offers (price new is 2650€).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02780.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	379.1 KB 
ID:	43331

Name:	DSC02781.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	215.4 KB 
ID:	43330

Sebastien
    Last edited by sbk; 07-30-2014 at 10:00.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It's a really nice product. Michal from Showtacle and I discussed at length about a year ago.
    Regrettably, not enough of a need to be in the budget right now.

Yes, I wish Pangolin had a similar product for use with Beyond, but it's not coming anywhere near today...

As I have needs for advanced graphical contents right now, I must switch my entire solution as I can't afford to keep both. Unfortunately Fiesta software is currently able to make only basic graphics and text, or import ILDA files, though guys are still working on the software.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	43347

You mean something like this?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Something like this WITH A REAL network connectivity, and not an expensive converter which uses all the 8 data lines.

So you could connect your DAC to a real router on the stage, run a single ethernet cable to the desk, then use your laptop wirelessly walking in the entire room to configure your zones, and then return to the control desk, taking advantage of the unused data lines for some emergency shutdown signal or main power control...

Sebastien,

I know that using the "unused" pairs is handy to use for e-stop, but I think that it's a safer bet not to use this.

When you want to use gigabit ethernet in the future for example, you will need all 4 pairs. With the increasing number of projectors per show, the likelihood you will need gigabit someday is increasing as well.

Between the switch and the projectors, 100Mbit will do just fine, but between PC and switch and inbetween switches, I would use gigabit.

I don't have a crystal ball to look into the future and guess what pangolin (or anybody else) will do, but that's what I will prepare for when making / buying new stuff.

Niels
    Last edited by FourDee; 05-27-2014 at 02:23.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I wish Pangolin had a similar product for use with Beyond, but it's not coming anywhere near today...
    SBK, do you communicate with Pangolin on a regular (or even semi-regular) basis? We have solutions that you may not know about. Some solutions are experimental, or in development but nevertheless exist and can be used by clients.

If you're really interested in what Pangolin has to offer customers (both the publicly offered products and privately discussed options and alternatives), I'd suggest you contact us directly. Note that we do not routinely monitor Photon Lexicon so it is easy for Pangolin-related communications to go unnoticed here. It would be far better to post on our forum, or simply send a direct email.

Bill

Something like this WITH A REAL network connectivity, and not an expensive converter which uses all the 8 data lines.
    Startech do a more expensive version of the USB extender which will run over either their own proprietary protocol, OR gigabit ethernet. Iirc it was about £150 more than the one I bought. I was going to get one, but then couldn't think of many scenarios where I'd actually need it. But then you still end up using the 4 pairs, hence why you see my dedicated interlock.

I was advised anyway that I want to loom up 3 or 4 cat5 lines anyway for redundancy, so its not as if the spare isn't ever going to be present.

A tablet and a VNC application wil allow you to walk the room to configure zones, and probably in a neater way and interface than carrying your laptop, but YMMV
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

so we dont fill up this for sale thread as its a little unfair, is there another thread where usb to cat5 can be discussed?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Sebastien,

I know that using the "unused" pairs is handy to use for e-stop, but I think that it's a safer bet not to use this.
    When you want to use gigabit ethernet in the future for example, you will need all 4 pairs. With the increasing number of projectors per show, the likelihood you will need gigabit someday is increasing as well.
    Between the switch and the projectors, 100Mbit will do just fine, but between PC and switch and inbetween switches, I would use gigabit.
    I don't have a crystal ball to look into the future and guess what pangolin (or anybody else) will do, but that's what I will prepare for when making / buying new stuff.
    Niels
    Niels,

Yes Gbit ethernet use all pairs and will be an issue if you will one day use it. But I did measure the FB3 bandwidth with Beyond outputting big frames on two FB3, and noticed they are using only around 4% of the 100Mb network bandwidth, stable. So unless you need more than 25x ILDA outputs I think 100Mb would be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    SBK, do you communicate with Pangolin on a regular (or even semi-regular) basis? We have solutions that you may not know about. Some solutions are experimental, or in development but nevertheless exist and can be used by clients.

If you're really interested in what Pangolin has to offer customers (both the publicly offered products and privately discussed options and alternatives), I'd suggest you contact us directly. Note that we do not routinely monitor Photon Lexicon so it is easy for Pangolin-related communications to go unnoticed here. It would be far better to post on our forum, or simply send a direct email.

Bill
    Hey Bill,

Last times we spent a few hours discussing together, it was on Prolight at Frankfurt, at your booth. I even had what looked to be an FB4 prototype in my hands, but I heard it was not for tomorrow. Anyway I found a very reliable solution to use your actual FB3, over a network, but I use two computers and a bridge software for that.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Startech do a more expensive version of the USB extender which will run over either their own proprietary protocol, OR gigabit ethernet. Iirc it was about £150 more than the one I bought. I was going to get one, but then couldn't think of many scenarios where I'd actually need it. But then you still end up using the 4 pairs, hence why you see my dedicated interlock.

I was advised anyway that I want to loom up 3 or 4 cat5 lines anyway for redundancy, so its not as if the spare isn't ever going to be present.
    A tablet and a VNC application wil allow you to walk the room to configure zones, and probably in a neater way and interface than carrying your laptop, but YMMV
    I tested a few of these USB extender over Gbit ethernet, supporting isochronous as well but hadn't any real success. Most times I had a total computer crash.
    I also used once a tablet to configure zones, but I still prefer to carry my small laptop and have a real precise control of the mouse.

Anyway guys, this thread is more dedicated to find a new home for my old great hardware, than proposing me solutions, even if I appreciate

Sebastien