Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin users - APC 40 controller on sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Also, concerning the range of control for the abstract generators ~
    I'm wondering if there's a way to implement 14-bit MIDI resolution to give finer control on the input channels?
    (I haven't dug in that deep on my system yet...)
    Not having tried this in either LSX or Beyond yet, my plan is to do a "coarse" adjust and "fine" adjust for each element leveraging two channels. Shifting, combining, and dividing will give a value between 0 and 1 which can then be scaled to the range of the target parameter. Pretty sure I can do this with LSX expressions; not sure what the approach in Beyond would be.

Code:
    combined_value = ( (128 * coarse_value) + (fine_value) ) / 16384
    Or, to go directly to a value between 0 and 255, for example:

Code:
    combined_value = ( (128 * coarse_value) + (fine_value) ) / 64

I'll let you know if it works when everything arrives and I get time to play with it. Could be a week or two.

Adam let me play with the APC 40 at SELEM too. I ended up buying one on eBay used for $110 shipped. Look around they are out there. I think SELEM 2015 will be flooded with APC users.

Really interested in linking the abstract to it. Hope Pangolin incorporates something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Thanks for the input on the programming ~
    Just wondering, have you tried creating an additional MIDI configuration file with your changes, then loading that at the beginning of a session?
    Yeah. But I just ended up going back to the out of the box profiles. It does 99 percent of what I need it for, so there really isn't any reason to change it.

In terms of the 128 steps in MIDI, I had the same issue with DMX controllers as well. I think I was just spoiled by the P4. Not that Pangolins abstract generator is in any way deficient, its just when you links the sliders in Beyond to the control on a board, the results are just meh. I really wanted that physical control of the abstract generator instead of having to fine tune it with a mouse. Just something about having to turn the dial or adjust the slider and see the results really just excites the caveman part of the brain. It's just too bad that even if it did have more control, the cues in Beyond wont retain those values for the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Really interested in linking the abstract to it. Hope Pangolin incorporates something.
    I was pretty excited too. I went and bought USB/DMX device, had to dig out old DMX M/F adapters and everything. Plugged it all in and had to endure a broken DMX controller all building up that anticipation before I bought the APC40. All that only to find out Beyond didn't do it the way that was expected. Was hoping that the APC40 had better results, but nope. Maybe in the future. I file an enhancement request with them. While several enhancements I requested have made it into the product, not sure this one will.

Despite that, it doesn't diminish the utility of the APC40 as a live controller. With the ability to assign buttons to Pangoscript, it can do almost anything except model 3D, drag cues onto a timeline, and have better range in the abstract generator.

Just a heads-up, due to an ebay screwup (by the seller), I ended up with two APC40s, and two (different) soft-sided cases for them. I already bought the parts to refurbish one of the APC40s (several new knobs, fader slider, and brand new rubber button pad). I should be getting everything today in the mail, and when I decide which APC40 I'm keeping, and which bag I prefer, I'll post the other set for sale here first (likely under $200 for both the APC and the case).

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Aw... man... crack candy. Very aptly put. Guess I'm gonna.

http://www.amazon.com/Cases-XS-APC40.../dp/B00CEICVUS

Dang -

This thread I started is going to wind up costing me a lot of money....
    That case DOES look like it would come in handy!!!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 08-29-2014 at 06:18.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Just a heads-up, due to an ebay screwup (by the seller), I ended up with two APC40s, and two (different) soft-sided cases for them. I already bought the parts to refurbish one of the APC40s (several new knobs, fader slider, and brand new rubber button pad). I should be getting everything today in the mail, and when I decide which APC40 I'm keeping, and which bag I prefer, I'll post the other set for sale here first (likely under $200 for both the APC and the case).
    I'd be interested in the soft case if you want to separate the two.

Chris

My APC40 just arrived. I can't wait to get home and play with it. I may be bugging some of you for some pointers!

Thanks, for this find, Randy! It looks like all the prices have gone up by $100, at least. This was an awesome deal.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Ok, folks! I now have available for sale one used APC 40 (self-refurbished) plus one MONO EFX 365 DJ Backpack. See pics. Some of the pics you can see the yellowed rubber buttons, which I've replaced with a brand new button sheet (they're now white!). I also replaced some missing knob tops and the fader knob. Includes the power supply and USB cable. All buttons, knobs, sliders and switches appear to work (I will do more testing tonight just to be sure).

The MONO EFX 365 bag is big enough for the APC40, plus lots of cables, a large notebook computer, and other doodads. This bag new retails for $150 to $230. This bag does have a small cut on the front flap, not affecting performance at all.

I'd like to get $240 for both, plus actual shipping to you, which will be about $40-$50 depending on where you live (that's just an estimate). Paypal preferred.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo 2.JPG  

photo 1.JPG  

photo 3.JPG  

photo 4.JPG  

photo 5.JPG  

photo 6.JPG  

photo 7.JPG  

photo 8.JPG  

photo 9.JPG  

photo 10.JPG