Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM -18 Surfleet, South Lincolnshire UK 3-4-5th of APRIL 2015

Thanks for all the nice comments chaps, it's good to know that something I do in life is appreciated. Long live the LEMs and here's to our US contingent being with us ASAP!!!!

I am about to put up the dates for the next one in October this year so keep yer eyes peeled
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Jim , without a doubt yer appreciated , yer a bloody star !

I think in the excitement and bizzyness of the LEMs people just simply dont think

Although 15 bin bags is getting to the ridiculous stage , you of course should not be expected to deal
    with that amount of residue , everyone with their own bin and take it away really has to
    be the solution i dont think there's any other way > ?

But a personal thankyou from me for all your ongoing hard work over the years :-)

THANKS JIM !

October mmmm
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Thanks Paul.

The new dates are up

Hi there, I am a newby here that lives about 10 minutes away from Surfleet so would love to come along and see what madness prevails. Any detail as to what sort of stuff goes on? Are newbies welcome or is it a "closed group" sort of thing? What happened to Shergar? Thanks in advance, Thorcus - the Dark Lord, except during the hours of daylight, obviously.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Trust me dude - it's on my bucket list! (Brad wants to go to one too.)

I'll make it over there, I promise, but it's going to have to wait a bit longer. For sure if I fly to Europe my wife will insist that she goes too, and that's not in the cards for a couple years at least. (Limited vacation for her, and she's planning to spend it all visiting the new granddaughter in Hawaii.)

Adam
    Ahem... A "couple" is two. That would have been January 8, 2017. UKLEM 24 isn't until April of 2018. That's moar than 3. Jus' sayin'
    (And my room at the Mermaid Inn "is" a double!) Hee hee.... Da flight was only $575.
    (You know you haven't reached the end of the pestering....lol)
    PM Sent...

So long as that double room isn't for Lauren, we might be able to make that work...

Of course, I could be in the process of selling the house right around that time. And then there's the issue of what will be going on at work. But you'll notice that I haven't said no yet.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    So long as that double room isn't for Lauren, we might be able to make that work...

Of course, I could be in the process of selling the house right around that time. And then there's the issue of what will be going on at work. But you'll notice that I haven't said no yet.

Adam
    That's what I want to hear. No, I hadn't intended for Lauren to go. I do need to take her to Europe eventually though but, she wants to go to Paris and that will have to probably wait until Jade is done school. But seriously.... it's not a CarribLEM year and, it's less vacation days than CarribLEM and... as I said, the flight on Virgin Atlantic was only $575 from Newark, NJ to Heathrow so... "all" you have to do is drive to Delaware on Wednesday April 4th.
    Oh.. and did we mention the Mermaid Inn is sort of a bed and breakfast style with a Karen instead of an Ann? http://www.themermaidinnsurfleet.com/
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-23-2017 at 06:59.
    PM Sent...

you guys have dug up an old thread from 2015

just sayin
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    you guys have dug up an old thread from 2015

just sayin
    Yes.... because I wanted to be an instigator. And... point out to buffo he said a couple years ago that it may be "a couple years" before he could do it and.... I'm merely pointing out that it will now be more than THREE years when the UKLEM 24 happens.
    And it's working... since I'll just bet he's taken a minute to go to Google Flights and see JUST how affordable being on Virgin Atlantic flight number VS2 leaving from Newark, NJ at 10:15 pm on April 4, 2018 and arriving in Heathrow at 10:20 am on the 5th followed by a return flight on Virgin Atlantic flight number VS1 departing Heathrow at 5:30pm on Tuesday the 10th and arriving in Newark at 8:15 pm would really be. You know... seeing as he has a room and all.
    PM Sent...

You guys are fucking killing me... Marie is going to knock me out with a frying pan when I propose this idea - you know that, right?

But yeah, I am looking at flights. Probably not cost-effective to drive to Newark though, as I'll easily burn over $100 just in gas. Then there's all the extra time involved. So if I do this, I'd either need to fly direct from Charleston to London or else grab a cheap flight from Charleston to Newark...

I have no business even considering this, but damned if I'm not looking into it anyway!

Adam