Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek - Introducing Maxwell - A software laser synth (analogish)

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    well fb3 wont likely ever have an sdk

but all the other dacs that have been mentioned do and there is a unified ish solution

https://github.com/tebjan/VVVV.LaserDAC

I have looked at that project - and although there are DLLs included for other DACs, the wrapper only supports the Ether Dream DAC - so it may be a decent starting point for wrapping support for other DACs - but without API documentation for the other DACs, there is not much that can be done other than dive in and reverse engineer the libraries - which I don't really have much time to do.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I may be wrong but, to be perfectly honest, I would have a chat with Bill Benner regarding that. If I remember correctly, he seemed very interested in Maxwell when he saw and heard about it at SELEM. I've never seen him display that same amount of interest in anything in quite that same fashion. I can't describe it but, there was something in his demeanor I hadn't witnessed before. He may very well be willing (free time being the variable) to try and work with you on a solution for that - if there is one, that allows the FB3 to be used for output. At least worth a phone call or e-mail.
    Edit: I went back and re-read the thread and see where he's already talked a bit about it. Might want to ping him with an update on where you are with the software.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 06-10-2016 at 02:11.
    PM Sent...

Well....Took the plunge....and ordered the Ether Dream DAC.....Should be a thrill to " Swing those Abstract Beams " !!! What shows on the computer screen is great....WOW !! Years of combinations and permutations to be had....at one's twiddling finger tips !!!
    SOOoooo many knobs.....SOOoooo little time
    Thanx BF...
    CDBEAM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maxwell Pic1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	50183
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 06-11-2016 at 17:03.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

For those that give a FFAAD !!! I got my Ether Dream DAC this afternoon...Quack ! Quack !! Time to give a Wack !!! "Abstractonomical"....here we come !!
    CDBEAM=======>
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

I have just released an update for Maxwell - just in time for SELEM 2016.

This update includes the following:

• Oscillators now have interframe control over amp offset/modulation and phase offset/modulation
    • Duplicator expanded to 10 duplicates
    • Duplicator rotation angle can now be adjusted

These are some very powerful changes... check out a little promo video of some of the effects that can be created with this update (if you don't watch til the end - and i mean the VERY end, even past the false ending - you are missing some of the best stuff)
    Last edited by BlueFang; 08-26-2016 at 03:10.

I made a new promo video for Maxwell - this time using ACTUAL laser output. I think I am starting to figure out how to get better video (hint: I have upgraded my projection screen thingie and spent a bit of time playing around with different lenses, ISO settings, focal lengths - etc).

BTW - the next release of Maxwell will contain support for an additional DAC - yup, I guess this is the official announcement that Maxwell will be supporting the Wicked Lasers LaserDock DAC & Laser. I have been blasting away with a LaserDock DAC for the past week and it is currently working amazingly along side Maxwell. Mac OS X support will probably come before Windows support for the LaserDock (those guys are Mac guys too!) - but Windows support will surely be added as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGq6GNr9G6A

Take my money!! Seriously . . I just submitted payment. (I was waiting until after SELEM where I would actually have time to play with it.)

Integrating with Laserdock DAC is a cool way to reach a new audience with complementary interests. Keep up the great work!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Say Johnny;

You've mentioned a couple of times about the possibility of a version that would work with Pangolin's QM-2000 board. Are you aware that they have a Software Development Kit available for free to people who want to develop software to work with the QM? It might be worth your while to contact Bill Benner and see what you can work out...

Adam

He has, I believe. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...438#post327438

Not sure if it has moved forward from there as it sounds like all parties have been pretty busy.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I just got a new laptop with resolution of 1680 X 1050...How do I get Maxwell 1.1 to properly display without lowering the resolution back to 1280 X 720 of my old laptop?