Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Arctos flexing euro patent muscles

Since it's in the court system now, it's unlikely that we will be able to get too much information from either party at this point...

However, I can't help but wonder if the case isn't centered around the apparent cloning of the club-max projector (right down to the case design and interior layout) and not merely the knife-edging of diodes. But I suppose once the court rules we'll all find out.

Adam

place holder here so I get updates on the thread.

It amazes me that none of you all " smell the coffee". here...or maybe better "the foul stench of rotting fish" might be more appropriate. If " they" succeed, the you can all close down your little companies and shops as there will only be one left. #WorldDomination

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    When you publically compare a kvant case copy down to the modules design of a chinese projector with the original product though it should be no surprise you will piss people off though. Social media is so important with the entertainment industry that I am not surprised it caused a reaction. Those companies have deep pockets to keep fighting a case like this until you back out because of immense losses. It's why I personally dis advice it.. it remains peters choice in the end though.

Right, so you are accusing me of publicly comparing a Kvant-case-copy with an original ?
    Wasn't it you who wrote a while back :

I have no idea about kvant going after people from what I read it should only be arctos?
    If they are though they are indeed in the wrong.

Kvant's modules are compact yes but the methods used to combine and compose the modules are basic techniques we all use.. you can't claim something like that.. they put work in production but didn't have to invest in research in coming up with the product because the techiques were already there. Defending the creativity and combating people who do not have put money into research that needs to be covered with sales that's where a patent is majorily for. I'm all for defending creative minds but it's within reason.

At max lightspace or whatever cloned the enclosure look.. but lets be honest a heatsink shaped anodized module block isn't really some "New technology" "Wow this is a reason to go after people" No it's seeking ways to be greedy and get money and combat competition the childish way. If they are doing it for that then they seriously need to get their act right and not act like a bully or some form of patent troll.

I do want to see any proof of kvant going after this though and not just arctos and not just assumptions... Kvant? Input please???
    Have you ever seen any replies to that from the company you addressed ? I haven't , yet it sounds to me that now you're defending them. What made you go 180-degrees on this ?

Knife edging laser beams is nothing new nor is it only used in galvo based laser projectors, how is this patent a thing?

dont casio knife edge lots of beams in their video projectors and then use lens to correct the beams?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Dunno....I never looked at the insides of any of those units . Fact is that it's just not new or innovative and the patent should never have been awarded. They used a sneaky approach as to first post it as a " Gebrauchsmuster". sort of a receipt on how to make something. These things are not checked in Germany if they are new, innovative etc as it's merely a plan on how to do stuff. nothing more then that. Yet German law allows someone to convert it into a patent and that's what has happened. It is doubtful - to say the least - that any proper investigation has been done prior to acknowledging te patent .

I have learned - in the meantime - that there are more companies afflicted by this bullshit.
    So it's starting... "they" are out to kill the competition and use the patent as a stick to flog the dogs ....

First of all I think Arctos is stupid if they indeed are attempting to kill competition and im looking at this at purely business interest standpoint. With very small niche market you want competition to create a bigger consumer base which will increase demand. You risk competition stepping into your specific territory this way but with a tiny market by killing all the competition you risk losing your territory as well. If there's one company selling stuff and it both cannot produce enough to please the demand nor at a price range most of the potential consumers can afford that company shrinks the consumer base so now it has to increase the price per product to get as much profit which again shrinks the consumer base because of affordability.

And yeah video projectors use knife edged laser arrays which excites a phosphor which emits light. More expensive than traditional lamps but much longer lamp life. It's not just Casio. I don't think video projectors were the first to do it too. I mean come on, the idea is so simple anyone who wants a fatter beam from two beams could reivent it.

There might be a legal way to dispute a previously granted patent by an interested 3rd party.

Not visited PL for a very long time, what an interesting thread to read.

Sir Thomas has loads of patents covering combining single and multi colored beams but there are so many people around Europe making projectors from Bedroom / Garage / Garden sheds that I suspect enforcing the patents will be a task which will just never end. Not only that it does exist loads of people buying Lasers from china who are not glued to Facebook or other forums who will continue to buy and use projectors from good old "Mr lee ping pong lighting factory". Suing a few tens of European Lasers producers is not going to stop the problem which comes from China. Like banks do with Hackers, Arctos should employ these European Bedroom / Garage / Garden shed factories as allies which will compete with the Chinese on the lower end market. I feel bully tactics will just lead to a European Laser Projector black market.

Note to Dave and his photo of the cloned head, I wonder if those Lazorbs are also cloned or is Mr B. supporting Lightspace, Surely that would be a conflict of interest against our "good friends in Bratislava".

I had my projects and many ideas for shows copied, I am sure many of PL, LPF and Lfreaks over the years had ideas which got used by the big companies too and maybe some of them even sneaky patented. In the end, we all have to eat, and we all must smile and enjoy life including those who have become so desperate that they want to shut down small time guys selling a few projectors.

Stay silent for 10 years and let everyone copy my ideas without anyone knowing I have patents, let them grow the business and then when I see they have grown enough I throw the Lawyer in the scene and sue the ass out of them.

Not from Europe but an interesting read.
    http://www.carrferrell.com/what-if-s...-my-permission

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Attachment 52687

Just leaving this here....
    Quite unbelievable.
    I thought PM means Private Message.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk