Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Laser Show updates and roadmap

Default Spaghetti Laser Show updates and roadmap

Hello. For those who may be interested... I released a completely rewritten version of Spaghetti earlier this month. Since I had been working on that rewrite for almost 2 years the release is a huge monkey off of my back.

Over the past couple of weeks I also rewrote my Spaghetti Draw application and made it a part of the current version of Spaghetti. The old Spaghetti Draw Beta that was on my website has been deprecated and removed. The draw application is rather basic right now. It will allow you to create vector shape based drawings and save them in a shape based vector format or as an ILDA file. It also allows loading an editing ILDA files. I have a lot of functionality planned that I will eventually add but that is on hold right now to work on my next major Spaghetti feature.

The next feature I am adding is what I am calling "Interactive" which simply put will be a rewrite and integration of the Wet Noodles program. In other words, Spaghetti will have a "live" feature.

Next up after that will be a webcam to laser output feature that I have yet to give a name. So, for now I will call it.... hmmmm.... Silhouette.

After that I intend to add a special WAV player but it will only work if you have an "audio" DAC. This will be called "Bombora" (google it and it will make sense).

After that I intend to add a visualizations player that I will call Amherst. I honestly do not remember why I named it this but it made sense at the time so I am sticking with it.

Mixed in I plan on fixing bugs or adding small feature requests to the entire application.

Each update will contain basic features and I will keep circling back and adding new features to areas that garner the most interest. I have amassed a very long list of features and ideas that I want to add. Everything will be made part of the Spaghetti application.

That should keep me busy for a long time. I invite anyone with interest or ideas related to above to contact me.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i applaud you for making tools and applications that support the ilda file format.

maybe you could do a spaghetti presentation at SELEM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Hello. For those who may be interested... I released a completely rewritten version of Spaghetti earlier this month. Since I had been working on that rewrite for almost 2 years the release is a huge monkey off of my back.

Over the past couple of weeks I also rewrote my Spaghetti Draw application and made it a part of the current version of Spaghetti. The old Spaghetti Draw Beta that was on my website has been deprecated and removed. The draw application is rather basic right now. It will allow you to create vector shape based drawings and save them in a shape based vector format or as an ILDA file. It also allows loading an editing ILDA files. I have a lot of functionality planned that I will eventually add but that is on hold right now to work on my next major Spaghetti feature.

The next feature I am adding is what I am calling "Interactive" which simply put will be a rewrite and integration of the Wet Noodles program. In other words, Spaghetti will have a "live" feature.

Next up after that will be a webcam to laser output feature that I have yet to give a name. So, for now I will call it.... hmmmm.... Silhouette.

After that I intend to add a special WAV player but it will only work if you have an "audio" DAC. This will be called "Bombora" (google it and it will make sense).

After that I intend to add a visualizations player that I will call Amherst. I honestly do not remember why I named it this but it made sense at the time so I am sticking with it.

Mixed in I plan on fixing bugs or adding small feature requests to the entire application.

Each update will contain basic features and I will keep circling back and adding new features to areas that garner the most interest. I have amassed a very long list of features and ideas that I want to add. Everything will be made part of the Spaghetti application.

That should keep me busy for a long time. I invite anyone with interest or ideas related to above to contact me.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i applaud you for making tools and applications that support the ilda file format.

maybe you could do a spaghetti presentation at SELEM.
    I'll second that!

If you install the current version it will install a user manual along with it that you can read. The transforms listed are what it currently supports. I plan to add more eventually but if there are some that are critical I can implement them in incremental updates. Obviously, you don't want to switch to an application with lesser functionality but it would be helpful to get feedback about what you really need and I will make those a priority.

Your suggestions for webcam/desktop support are interesting. Thanks!

This kind of feedback is awesome. I don't want to have this stuff get lost in a forum post so if you have other ideas it would be very helpful to email them to me at support@hingednewt.com. I have a bug tracking system and I am going to add all of your comments.

I like the gradient idea. It should be easy to add that as a feature so I will plan on that.

You're the first person who has ever mentioned perspective/FOV. I have always had that as an effect in Spaghetti but I never added an icon for it because I never got it tuned in like I wanted and no one ever asked for it. So, I'll go ahead and finish that up and add it, too.

I'm not sure what the SFX/Loop effect is. I saw Swami's demonstration at SELEM and maybe he used it but I have forgotten everything now. I'll certainly entertain ANY ideas that anyone has.

Manipulation of images by audio is definitely something I want to do but have not gotten around to. I have studied up on it quite a bit actually as far as how I would get the audio and process it during playback and have some ideas on how I want to implement it but I'll need to get down and dirty with some prototyping before I'll have something. So, it's definitely on my radar but I won't be able to whip this one right out.

Not mentioned on my website or really in the user manual is the new draw mode. It's basic now but I want to add a lot of features to it, too. I'm in the beginning stages of the Interactive Mode feature right now which has stalled due to surf trips, march madness, and car show (my other hobbies) but I'm ready to get back on track now so I hope to have the first pass on that done relatively soon and then I can move on to other things, like the effects you requested.

It seems like I can't keep up with time anymore. I released a new version of Spaghetti today. Included in this update and some in the past are:

- Added Edit->Undo to EVERYTHING in the application. This was a major challenge that took a long time to fully implement.
    - Fixed QM2000 driver.
    - Fixed an issue in the Laser Vision (previously referred to as Silhouette) settings that caused a crash.
    - Various bug fixes.

Is anyone fooling around with streaming ADAT shows anymore? I had plans to add a player (Bombora) for those but I am not sure what the interest level is on that these days.

I am not sure what the next thing to tackle is but here are some ideas I have. Looking for suggestions.
    - Automatic show generator that automatically creates a simple synchronized (not just bouncing images that react to sound levels) show based on some song. <= I have an idea but not sure how well it will work.
    - Full implement Interactive Desk (live application) and add MIDI support for panels.
    - Laser Vision to ILDA output

Thanks to Lazerjock for providing feedback and troubleshooting help at SELEM.

Thanks Gary!!!!!!

Decided to work on a new shape editor and something to auto-generate laser shows. Not sure how the latter will turn out, but hey, whatever!

I've added the shape editor to the drawing app. Now creating shapes like stars, octagons, etc, can be done with a few clicks.

Pros use midi controllers like APC 40 bruh, add midi support please.