Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad ebay seller techhood

Sorry to hear that, we need more US sellers for this stuff on ebay.

Have experienced all of these problems with techhood and their sister seller laserlands. They are effectively the same seller (check who got your payment on your PP invoice). From my perspective they are both bogus- I have NEVER gotten any problem rectified.
    Bad feedback is useless, because their numbers are so large, your NF amounts to a meaningless number.
    You CAN file complaints with both Pay-Pal and E-bay. You have to call them both on the phone and bitch long and loud. If the seller charges your card instead of your PP account (it happens) you're in a great position- you can threaten a fraudulent charge complaint with the card company.
    Neither PP or the Bay give a rat's ass about your satisfaction- all they care about is their cut unless you really raise hell with them. (Be nice, though)
    One other point- that "free shipping" will bite you on the ass if you have a problem- the PRC subsidizes the postage for these clowns, but getting something back to them costs as much as you paid for the item.
    A number of the Pacific Rim sellers have agents in the US- Much easier to get satisfaction from them for some reason.

Bought a problematic DHOM 532 from Laserlands. Lesson learned, never again.

much to my amazement after 4 months I actually got a replacement in the mail completely unexpected... maybe there is hope yet

I bought my 500mW RGB module from these guys, had no problems whatsoever.

While most of their stuff works out of the box, there are a percentage of buyers who wind up with a problem.
    They will promise you the moon, but in the end, their commitment to customer satisfaction is non existent.
    Regardless of what they tell you, in the end you have to send the unit back at your expense, even for something as minor as a cracked dichroic filter.
    In one of my cases, the cost of returning the laser was over half of the selling price- for a cracked filter? Really?
    Then you spend months waiting to see if you got ripped off.
    If you raise hell with Ebay, all they do is block you from making further purchases from them.
    Their attitude is "take the money and run".