Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RayComposer - a new laser show software for Windows & Mac OS X

RayComposer doesn't have a live mode in this release. My focus for this release was
    to get the functionality for pre-programmed timeline shows up&running. You will be able
    to use the timeline snippets called "Patterns" in RayComposer as live effects later, but
    I want to give this part a really nice user interface.

Very nice, always good with more alternatives!

Can this export as ILDA files? I couldn't find such a feature in the Designer edition.

It can export to most formats it can import, including ILDA, but you need the Professional license for that.
    The free Designer's Edition can save files in RayComposer format and export shows to video.

There is now an updated version of RayComposer with lots of improvents and some really new features. You can use OSC now to control the timeline and add OSC controlled Variables to control effects. The 3D preview can now model the real projector setup much more closely now - for instance, you can rotate your virtual projectors now, change the scan angle or style them with cutom graphics.

Looks good !
    ....email coming thru
    Cheers

Going to try it out now.
    have an easylase here and QM2000's.. hope either one of them allows me to see the output.
    While drawing with bezier curves allows for little messing up with too low point densities and other interesting beneficial factors it has it's downsides.. same deal in BEYOND which is why line oriented and point oriented are both offered.

Nevertheless the coloring is where it can either stand out or fall behind on when it comes to making frames compared to other software.
    Going to let you know my review

Edit: On windows 7 64bit this software crashes on the splash screen.
    Aero is off it cannot cause interference here.. yes I'm running it as administrator and yes I tried compatibility mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	see.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	48729
    Please let me know if this program logs anything. I could use dependancy walker to see dll's are missing...my assumption is: You need to compile for 64bit as well.
    Last edited by masterpj; 10-21-2015 at 13:53.

Working in 64 bit Win10 here, though it crashes regularly as I try and move animations and frames out of the pic editor.

Which is a thing of beauty btw. Has a few oddities (trying a morph was interesting and resulted in a fade in-out) but looks and feels the slickest out of all the ones I've tried as I've looked around.

@masterpj:
    I have fixed the crash on startup in Win7 - sorry for that glitch. Please download again.
    @frostypaw:
    Do you have hint for me how to reproduce the crash? Where were you moving the frames/animations to when it crashed?

The morph morphs one object to another. So Object 1 of Frame 1 becomes Object 1 of Frame 2. If one frame has more objects then the other, the objects are faded out or in. If you want two paths to morph into one select the objects and merge them using "Edit->Group".

Greetings,
    Robin

Ah I see what's happening there now. Morphing now behaving

Can't replicate the crashing quickly now trying that out, but I had a lot of big programs running yesterday - might poke it again when things are more taxed. It's a real beauty. Will there be a lengthwise gradient option?
    Dynamics/EasyLase LC/FD820/RGB 400mW Homebrew w/EMS4ks

Gradient along the path sounds like a cool idea - I will add that for the next update.