Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: CNC'd Host + Driver for 40 Watt 460-465nm Laser Array

Default Group Buy: CNC'd Host + Driver for 40 Watt 460-465nm Laser Array

I'm looking for anyone interested in a host and drivers for a 40 watt 460-465nm laser diode array. Here's a thread about the project on another forum where they started a group buy, if not a member there you can purchase it from me at cost:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/gb...ray-93422.html

Edit: I didn't put this in the group buy section because I'm not starting one, just offering to sell one or more at cost to members here.
    Last edited by Laser57; 04-18-2015 at 19:10.

Those arrays look pretty sweet. Any data on the actual wavelength? Also, how well are the collimation lenses adjusted? The 9mm with the glued on lenses weren't that well adjusted. And most important, are the emitters the same size as the m series?

Hello, wish I knew, RHD over at LPF who started the GB might be able to answer, I will see what he can tell me but looking at the single diodes from the array shown on Techhood's ebay page, they looked like fixed lenses to me.

I found this on LPF: http://laserpointerforums.com/f42/ne...-5w-92123.html

Looks like the diode in this thread was extracted from the 8X module. Good news. Would love to see a 20M or so pic of the spot.

RHD has posted more in depth about said module and this project in the LPF vet section. His testings (he has an accurate spectrometer) have shown about 465nm, and hes found they can be ran over 4A. According to him, the diodes are fairly well collimated, and surprisingly parallel, which I was surprised at, because like loqsquared said, the 9mm blocks were garbage (as are the kasio) in terms of being parallel. Here's a pic from his thread in the vet section at about 20feet:

40+ Watt 465nm. I suppose that power figure is cheating a bit because it counts 8 separate beams - but wow does this look cool in person, and the beams stay remarkably (pretty much perfectly) parallel. I should clarify that for these photos, I was powering at around 750 mA (mostly so that I could get enough time to take photographs before it heated up). These diodes can take 4A+.
    I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to machine a custom module for these to knife edge the two rows, then combine them with a PBS. Although who the heck needs 40 fricking watts of blue!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
    Although who the heck needs 40 fricking watts of blue!
    (raises hand)

"the myth of the killer ape is true"
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Yeah. I agree with Swami. I think I could manage to find a use for 40w of blue too. I looked at the threads and the design and don't understand it one bit so, I'm probably not jumping on this but, I'll be interested in following it.

I suppose if someone were to build me one....

Not too difficult. It's essentially a box with 8 drivers in it and the module bolted on. Only its a fancy box. With a fancy PCB for all 8 drivers I wish I had the money to jump in on this, if for nothing other than the module itself.

I must have missed a few key details on the LPF thread... How much are the modules themselves? And how much for the giant host + drivers?

Also, from what I can see, the module already has all the diodes knife-edged together into a single beam, right?

I must admit I'm quite curious about this one!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I must have missed a few key details on the LPF thread... How much are the modules themselves? And how much for the giant host + drivers?

Also, from what I can see, the module already has all the diodes knife-edged together into a single beam, right?

I must admit I'm quite curious about this one!

Adam
    Check this thread for the module itself: http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/gb...ion-93419.html

I would love to have just a single diode from the unit to play with. Looks like they dont come apart too easy.