Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pagolin Flashback SE + Diff + DMX Starting at $250

Default Pagolin Flashback FB3-SE + Diff + DMX Starting at $250

AND THEN THERE WERE FOUR!

Selling some Used FB3-SE with Differential and DMX boards that are being pulled from working projectors. This means these cards will operate from a DMX board with no PC or software attached via DMX. None of these are Beyond Licensed. There is a mix of OEM and External boxes, I should have a head count of each in a day or two. The website is ready to take orders. If you prefer ebay is another option.

*** IN HAND SHIPPING***

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-23 21.20.09.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	46906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB3-SE-MetalBoxA.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	46907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-23 12.04.18.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	47152

We are down to the last 4 pigtail external boxes, We have one board to possible replace, so maybe have one Display Box available if I can fix it. After that I may get a 4 device in one Rack Mount to sell, and maybe a few more internal boards. Over 50 units sold in the past few months, 4 units this week... running out fast!

We accept Paypal, Credit Card, Bitcoin.

Bulk Discounts start at QTY or 10 or more.

FlashBack 3SE External box with Pigtails for DMX (XLR 5) and Power (XLR 4), DIFF board, DMX. Daisy chainable! Power Supply is 2amp 5v and will run 4 units from one supply. $300-330+Shipping (*** 4 Remaining ****)

Sale page for board sets FB3-SE $250+Shipping (*** Out Of Stock ***)

External Box Version $300+Shipping (*** FINAL UNIT SOLD ***

Empty External Box Version $75 + Shipping (*** 2 Units In Hand Ready to Ship ***)

If you live in a country where I can not confirm the safety of the payment easily, and ebay can give me seller protection, I will ship. If you can pay with Bitcoin, I am protected 100% and will ship immediately to any place I am allowed by law to ship per US Embargo laws.

Shipping is typically USPS Priority Mail with tracking in the Continental USA, International are First Class Mail. If you prefer another vendor do not hesitate to ask. Shipping for a International Board Set is about $28USD (1 or 2 boards), and $35-40USD for a external Box.

Serial numbers are 8000+ many are 9000+

What is the Difference between the FB3-QS and these FB3-SE

The FB3-QS is a external enclosed box with only USB in and ILDA out. There is no option for DMX control, or frame storage on the device.

The FB3-SE is a group of circuit boards designed to go into a projector, have USB, DMX, or Serial input. Has 128mb to 512mb slot for a XD or Flash ram to store frames. This mean no pc is required to operate the projector, a DMX controller is all that is needed.

Software Differences: There are no difference between the software and functionality of the two different versions of the Flashback. Both can run quickshow, LivePro, and Beyond. You will need a separate license from Pangolin for LivePro and Beyond, they are not included with any of these boards. Pangolin Licensing works by if there is a Device, QS/SE/NET/QM2000 that is licensed, you can use all the cards with that level in a single session. Meaning one card acts as a Software Dongle, there is no hardware functionality differences.

Scan rate Differences: None that I know of. When operating the SE in DMX Mode channel 13 is scan rate and is limited to 10k to 30k. And when you are running in DMX mode you typically do not ever need 30k. Flashback 3 SE manual Page 54

Color Channel Differences: The SE is a maximum of 4 color channels, but that needs a modification in Firmware and cable. By default and what we are selling is a 3-Channel Red, Green, Blue which accounts for 99.9% of all laser projectors in the world. Even if you have 2-3 different Red's in your projector, the software that runs a FB3 is not so good at utilizing the differences anyway, and you would just tie the multiple reds together.

The secret 4th color channel on the SE: You will have to talk to Pangolin about this, from what I know it is a firmware change and how to connect, I do not know yet. There are several converted to 4 channel in these lots, but they are being pulled from being for sale at this point by the owner. If you really need that 4th channel it is probably going to be cheaper to buy the new FB4 than get new firmware.

All you need to know about the FB3 family.
    http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm
    Flashback 3 Manual
    http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/Li...manual%20V.pdf
    Software Down here: You are liced to use Quickshow, LiveQuick, the SE is compatible with LivePro and Beyond for a additional cost.
    http://www.pangolin.com/support/software-updates/

The FB3-QS is a external enclosed box with only USB in and ILDA out. There is no option for DMX control, or frame storage on the device.

The FB3-SE is a group of circuit boards designed to go into a projector, have USB, DMX, or Serial input. Has 128mb to 512mb of onboard XD or Flash ram to store frames. This mean no pc is required to operate the projector, a DMX controller is all that is needed.

Software Differences: There are no difference between the software and functionality of the two different versions of the Flashback. Both can run quickshow, LivePro, and Beyond. You will need a separate license from Pangolin for LivePro and Beyond, they are not included with any of these boards. Pangolin Licensing works by if there is a Device, QS/SE/NET/QM2000 that is licensed, you can use all the cards with that level in a single session. Meaning one card acts as a Software Dongle, there is no hardware functionality differences.

Color Channel Differences: The SE is a maximum of 4 color channels, but that needs a modification in Firmware and cable. By default and what we are selling is a 3-Channel Red, Green, Blue which accounts for 99.9% of all laser projectors in the world. Even if you have 2-3 different Red's in your projector, the software that runs a FB3 is not so good at utilizing the differences anyway, and you would just tie the multiple reds together.

Scan rate Differences: None that I know of. When operating the SE in DMX Mode channel 13 is scan rate and is limited to 10k to 30k. And when you are running in DMX mode you typically do not ever need 30k. Flashback 3 SE manaul Page 54

The secret 4th color channel on the SE: You will have to talk to Pangolin about this, from what I know it is a firmware change and how to connect, I do not know yet. There are several converted to 4 channel in these lots, but they are being pulled from being for sale at this point by the owner. If you really need that 4th channel it is probably going to be cheaper to buy the new FB4 than get new firmware.

[*]How playback is controlled: DMXSerial, USB, or TTLQuickShow or LiveQUICK utility program[*][/LIST]

$250 Internal Board Includes Out Of Stock!

Main Board
    xD Memory Card
    USB Daughter Board
    DMX Daughter Board
    Differential Board (installed on the DMX board)
    DXM Cable - yes, it comes from Pangolin EXACTLY like that. We use our own, so that is why we still have them
    Output Cable - Comes with just ribbon cable, but we will install DB25
    Currently 30 Pulled ready to ship.

Name:	2015-04-23 21.20.09.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	46906

External Box Version $300 *** FINAL UNIT SOLD***
    Includes everything as the internal but with a sexy metal box and power supply
    5-Pin DMX and Pass Through
    4-pin Radio Shack Power Connector
    Female ILDA DB25
    5VDC American Wall Plug with mating 4-Pin Plug for Power.

Name:	FB3-SE-MetalBoxA.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	46907
    Last edited by rMuD; 09-04-2015 at 17:26. Reason: Put Internal Board Sets Back in Stock
    Rob Mudryk
    Retired old and Grumpy Laserist

Bump! The real thread!
    Rob Mudryk

Here is the remaining External Box Inventory and Spare Parts that are/will be listed for sale.
    If you have single ended boards, we have 24 Differential Boards for sale $35/ea
    There are several DMX boards available, as well as some USB boards for repair. There are several units I need to test first before I can start the sale of DMX or USB

Everything else.. first come first serve.

Name:	parts-and-external-pieces-pitch.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	287.4 KB 
ID:	46917
    Rob Mudryk

Internal Board Sets Only:

To help get these moving until 4-30-2015 Free Shipping in the USA, using coupon code: fb3-freeship

Name:	free-shipping.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	46960
    Rob Mudryk

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Ok so, before any of you smart asses ask.... no, the 10 that are "held" are not for me.

Question Rob, in the lower left corner, you have "old style plastic boxes". Do you have one unpopulated I could stick my existing FB3-SE into?

I have no Idea I am told there is 10 being held before I had access to them. 6 left to sell one missing a 4-pin power connector.. or maybe that is one that is being held
    Rob Mudryk

Default update!

Last 4 internal board are reserved but not paid for yet. Have a few external left. Then I have 8-9-10 more differ t variations of externals in various conditions, from newly refurbished, to beat up old boxes . and spare parts. There should be another batch of internals I hope coming soon. I have all the board and boxes in hand finally. Shipping will happen tomorrow USPS priority mail both in the USA and the international orders.

there was a unknown with the internals, and internals to come, the dip switches for DMX are on a double row 10 pin ribbon cable/connector. Pictures and documentation coming soon.
    Rob Mudryk

Three External Boxes left. Rest are sold out!
    We hope to get another batch of Internal boards at some point, and 10 more External Boards
    I have 5 x of a Arctos external Box version that can be daisy chained DMX and power easily. No Power Supply
    Then I have 3 to 4 (Need a 4th board set), of a version with a 8 digit display for setting the DMX address also coming soon

They really moved quicker than I thought.
    Rob Mudryk

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

PM sent about one of the externals and the extra plastic box we discussed. Thanks!

Two more Internal Board sets are on their way, and should be available for shipping by Thursday/Friday!
    Last edited by rMuD; 05-04-2015 at 17:33.
    Rob Mudryk