Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 10 - August 9th through the 14th, 2016 - Sign up now!

I'm SUPER EXCITED about this year's SELEM!!!!
    the last few years have been A-MA-ZING!!!!
    can't wait to see what everyone has been working on since last year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1598.JPG  

mrsVOOP

chexmex and icecruncher just paid

Got you and Luz on the list, Neil! Looking forward to seeing you both again!

Tiffany has volunteered to help out with scheduling this year. I'm hoping that David Kumpula will also be involved with the schedule as in previous years. If people have things they want to run in the auditorium, please start posting about it now so we can get the schedule fleshed out.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Tiffany has volunteered to help out with scheduling this year. I'm hoping that David Kumpula will also be involved with the schedule as in previous years. If people have things they want to run in the auditorium, please start posting about it now so we can get the schedule fleshed out.
    I think it'll be great to have additional assistance with scheduling and of course, I'm very happy to do whatever I can to continue to have SELEM be the most-awesomest laser event on the planet. Just think about it - ten years with all those lasers and not a single vaporized retina?!? Oh crap, I better not jinx it!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Hoping to break my two year dry patch without a SELEM. Does anybody have room for a third or fourth "roommate"? Hoping to be available for both setup and takedown, but of course I'm at the mercy of the individuals I'm staying with.
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Driving home tonight, I thought of a "goal" for SELEM. I would like to see a beam show played on an ion laser. Too much to ask?
    It seems like people lug these big heavy things to North Carolina and either a) they don't work or b) everyone stares at a blue dot on the wall in a bathroom and gets excited at the prospect of putting a diffraction grating in front of it. Yes, I realize the Coherent is in the balcony running graphics on the screen and often, a majority think the colors look better and brighter from a solid state projector. It's just that the beam profile isn't as tight. But really, how often or, how many have seen a beam show from an ion which is supposed to be the holy grail for this stuff and what we all try to chase with diodes and pin holes and corrective lenses. Let's actually see a very familiar show such as Rising or Battle or Moby's Porcelain played on an ion, with a properly set up PCAOM and mentally be able to do an A/B comparison. Thoughts?
    PM Sent...

I think this can be done..

Read my mind!
    Re-building the beam table to accomodate the 168's!...planning on more than one scan head if i can swing it...

71 days left until this event.....

If you haven't registered, in 2 days the fee jumps up by $30! Hurry up and register before the May 31st deadline and save money! And help get our fearless leader out of the red!

71 freakin days left till

Payment sent.

Looking forward to this year!