Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 10 - August 9th through the 14th, 2016 - Sign up now!

I made up these drone race course flags to use at SELEM. Originally we were going to use PVC pipe, but I wanted these anyway and this gave me an excuse to make some. They are made from 6' bamboo garden stakes and 1 red bed sheet from Walmart. I have less than $20 in them. They arnn't as big or flashy as the ones you can buy, but I think they will do the job.
    Next is lay out a course for us.

Oh is this a laser forum? My bad lol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160623_081130[1].jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	50201

Nice work, Chris! Pylon racing! Can't wait...

Hank and Rick...

I will support whatever you guys think is the best solution. Test away and let us all know which app(s) we need to install.

Adam

I came up with this drone racing course. I should be safe and fairly easy even for beginners (no tunnels or gates to fly through). Everything is spaced out and none of the flags will be on the baseball infield. We don't want to mess it up with holes from the flags.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drone Course 1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	50207

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Good thing I don't have a racing quad. I'm reasonably certain I could get from the start finish line to the first flag without too much difficulty but after that....?
    I foresee a night race under the affluence of inkohol at some point popping up that week so, maybe some glow sticks to hang from the flags are in order.
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Good thing I don't have a racing quad. I'm reasonably certain I could get from the start finish line to the first flag without too much difficulty but after that....?
    I foresee a night race under the affluence of inkohol at some point popping up that week so, maybe some glow sticks to hang from the flags are in order.
    glowsticks????? it's a real shame we don't have lasers.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    glowsticks????? it's a real shame we don't have lasers.
    I actually LOL at that one!

Well.... now that they can be outside as long as they're terminated... what the hell!
    PM Sent...

Anyone available for a ride from the airport around 12-3? My cheap options are between that range.
    Only an electron wiggler like you would resonate at 30cm.

Anyone driving through Washington DC and could provide a ride? I have gas money.

If there ends up being a jam, as an absolute last resort, I do have to come through DC but, usually giving rides to SELEM is a difficult proposition as I have no idea what time of the day/night I'm coming through. There is rarely space in whatever vehicle I rent. I smoke, I keep windows open and music cranked. I rarely stop although I may cat nap in a rest area at 4 am, etc. I'm one of the first to arrive and last to leave. You probably don't want to travel down with me. Getting a ride home is a little less traumatic. There are a number of people who do come through though.
    PM Sent...