Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have General Scanning Z1913 Galvanometer specs?

Sorry, I missed the question before posting, re: do the galvos power up and center.

I had a bit of trouble with the computer in this system - either the hard-drive failed, or the power supply failed (not enough power for some reason causing the hard-drive to tick-tick-tick, and the mainboard and video to repeatedly reset), and all probably due to the failed scanner controller that I tried to clean. Perhaps it is beyond repair and now shorting the supply. Today, Saturday, I'll give it all another go and see if I can't try to get the computer running. While there, I'll see if the galvos center as you asked. I don't see why not - the gentleman who sold it to me claimed it was working before they put it into storage, and I have no reason to doubt him. The computer is chocked full of his logos and he clearly was using it while he had it. The controls all seem to work - the shutter on the head opens/closes, the RF driver for the Q-switch shows a signal (though presently at fault - I'll figure that out), the ESKI power supply turns on (though I can't power it up on my measely 4.5kva transformer unless I can keep the current low), and notwithstanding the fault when I turn on the water pump, I think, due to low water, it all seems good. I just need to work at it a bit more.

Anyway, I'll report back for the benefit of your curiosity but not because I insist on your continuing help. You've been extremely helpful already.

Now I'm all excited again.

Torin...

Bah... went into the garage today as promised and swapped a bunch of parts between the two computers to restore the one whose hard drive was ticking. It was probably the power supply. Well afterward, while booting it up and testing to see if I could get an AEGIS security dongle to work (someone mailed me one for free), the software still didn't start because the dongle was for the wrong version THEN, I heard a pop and the breaker tripped. Not sure what it was, but something in the system was drawing too much current because afterward the third phase fuse was blown and the transformer burned my finger. This is after I pulled practically everything from the bus and only had the monitor running...

So basically, that's it. The systems are too old to attempt to restore as a lamp-driven, water-cooled monster. My only recourse is to either diode-pump the head (my preference, though cost is a concern), or dump both systems and all the parts onto eBay, which I've done. If I get any takers - reasonable offers included - I will one or both of these lasers. If not, I will keep looking for good deals on CW diode lasers in the 808nm region and see if I can't fix the better of the two heads to be diode-pumped instead.

That reminds me... I need to put up the two pairs of Measurement Computing PCI-CTR05 and PCIM-DDA06/16 cards up on ebay too. Off to do that now.

Torin...