Thread: 72 degrees by 92 degrees scanning with no lens

Default 72 degrees by 92 degrees scanning with no lens

See the video we made here:
    https://youtu.be/DMLEeUy0i6Y

For that client, they'll rotate the X-Y mount (like it says you can in my book) and get 92 degrees horizontal by 72 degrees vertical.

Bill

Nice, Bill! The tuning options on the Mach DSP are amazing and looking at them for the first time this morning, I'd say initially overwhelming.

I've completed a couple 90 degree rotation builds myself, but in those cases (literally and figuratively ), it was simply to get the builds inserted between two 16" on-center wall studs. It would be nice to see the end marking (I assume) application completed if the client sends you a working demo that he/she is willing to share.

Thanks for posting.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Very nice indeed ....even nicer if next video could show same sort of thing but 5.5mm beam in RGB with similar angles, at slowly increasing scan rate, repeated for different test patterns

With that kind of demonstration I might even try and take out a mortgage and get on the waiting list,....... at this moment I am being seriously tempted by some S/H 6215HPs, and I am right on the fence. !

Cheers

There isn't much of a wait, Cat unless something changed recently. I have had my Saturn 1bs for a few weeks now and the price was quite competitive with ct6215s. For a 50% increase in speed as compared with the CTs, I think this would be a no-brainer for most users with high performance requirements.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I think you may have missed the S/H bit.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...6215HP-scanset

Unless of course you have massive discount and/or want to sell them S/H to me, with amps & PSU. !

Cheers
    PS. to be honest I really need the angles more than the speed, although the accuracy sounds nice.
    Last edited by catalanjo; 10-23-2016 at 07:13.

I'm afraid I don't know what "S/H" means...

Also, we are very familiar with those scanners and mirrors pointed to in your link, seeing that we have a lot of experience with Kvant lasers. Those mirrors *look* big but they're really not all that capable when you do analysis with CAD. The X mirror is only capable of projecting a 6mm beam over an angle around 40 degrees...

But getting back to our post, I'm not aware of anyone up until now who has projected more than 80 degrees with a galvanometer. If you look on data sheets, the best galvos are only rated for 80 degrees, while our Saturn series will go up to 110.

Bill

S/H = Second Hand ie used.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    S/H = Second Hand ie used.
    Ta .... lingo slipped me mind for a tick.

Judging by the thread in question, it looks like I aired the link a bit too much, .....still, .... it probably means good news for Carlos !

@ "The X mirror is only capable of projecting a 6mm beam over an angle around 40 degrees... " thanks for the info Bill.

Now about that next video .......
    Cheers
    Last edited by catalanjo; 10-23-2016 at 18:08.

S/H

Sample and Hold
    Shipping and Handling
    A set of tags for a dos command like Attrib -S/H