Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trying to get LSX to see DAC

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

click the icon with the 4 arrows (geometric correction) and that will open the test frame window.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.19.44 PM.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	52314

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 2.19.59 PM.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	52315

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    BTW: I've got LSX Lite. No galvo noise (which is my primary concern), no XY diff voltage on X+ X- or Y+ Y- DB25 pins, zero volts on shutter pin to Gnd when display in preview window and shutter open.

Pattern selector? In the abstract generator? Don't see a slider above the pattern selector there. Don't see one anywhere in Scanner Global Settings. Am I in the wrong place?.

I went through couloredmirrorball's LSX tutorial: Part 1 again, and this ED simply is not producing any DAC output signals.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

click the icon with the 4 arrows (geometric correction) and that will open the test frame window.
    I appreciate all your help, indeed. LSX Lite doesn't seem to have those features you show. Here is my comparable screen:

Name:	Edit scanner setting-1.png 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	52316
    Last edited by lasermaster1977; 06-02-2017 at 12:55.

ok. so you have a slightly different LSX version than i do. no worries.

i think the issue is LSX is still not seeing the etherdream.

I appreciate all your help, indeed. LSX Lite doesn't seem to have those features you show. Here is my comparable screen:

Name:	Edit scanner setting-1.png 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	52316
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    ok. so you have a slightly different LSX version than i do. no worries.

i think the issue is LSX is still not seeing the etherdream.
    Yeah, well it "sees" it and correctly identifies it with the last three bytes of its Ethernet MAC address, I don't think it actually "talking/driving" to it in "LSX speak" . Its like it is a Ether Dream driver issue. Jacob? on the Ether Dream website says to discuss LSX driver issues with Andrew and I've emailed him already, so I'll wait and see what he wants to do.

do you have an etherdream I or an etherdream II? run sitter and post the firmware level that it shows.

Yeah, well it "sees" it and correctly identifies it with the last three bytes of its Ethernet MAC address, I don't think it actually "talking/driving" to it in "LSX speak" . Its like it is a Ether Dream driver issue. Jacob? on the Ether Dream website says to discuss LSX driver issues with Andrew and I've emailed him already, so I'll wait and see what he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    do you have an etherdream I or an etherdream II? run sitter and post the firmware level that it shows.
    I've already taken a screenshot of that so I could send to Andrew. Its advertised on Ether Dream as an Ether Dream 2 but I can't tell. Does Software 2 mean Ether Dream 2?

Name:	2017-06-02 09_50_51-Ether Dream.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	52317

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

What is your lsx version? Usually the version shipped on the disc is not the latest version...

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    What is your lsx version? Usually the version shipped on the disc is not the latest version...
    Love your video tutorials on LSX, btw.

I have the LSX Lite Bundle w/Ether Dream 2 and the software came on the dongle. The version at the top of the LSX windows is "Version 20160615"

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Thanks. The vids are getting old but the majority of the content should still be relevant...

That's an old LSX version. It's possible it's not compatible with the Etherdream (there were some issues that needed to be ironed out). Normally you should have received an update link in the email with your LSX license file. If not, you have another reason to complain about drlava... The update is a zip file you have to extract somewhere and copypaste the files in the LSX (Realtime) installation folder. An updated driver for the Etherdream should be included in the installation. (Notice that the .dll driver files for LSX are custom, it's not a good idea to swap the drivers in the LSX folder with for example the drivers found on the Etherdream website).
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 06-03-2017 at 11:17.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    Thanks. The vids are getting old but the majority of the content should still be relevant...

That's an old LSX version. It's possible it's not compatible with the Etherdream (there were some issues that needed to be ironed out). Normally you should have received an update link in the email with your LSX license file. If not, you have another reason to complain about drlava... The update is a zip file you have to extract somewhere and copypaste the files in the LSX (Realtime) installation folder. An updated driver for the Etherdream should be included in the installation. (Notice that the .dll driver files for LSX are custom, it's not a good idea to swap the drivers in the LSX folder with for example the drivers found on the Etherdream website).
    I just looked on the Innolasers website for a page to download updates, but didn't find one. All I got from drlava was the activation code file, a description of were to copy it, with a closing "Let me know if you have any questions", nothing else. I've also sent him an email yesterday after swamidog and I spent a good deal of time troubleshooting. My conclusion was the driver file must be wrong. I'd have never thought I wouldn't be sent the latest version of the software I just purchased.

Feeling confident this will all get worked out, I just paid for the upgrade to LSX Basix, ILD SOS and LaserCam. There was a place to add a comment or question with the order so I asked "how does one find/get the latest patches/upgrades to software already purchased?" This was just moments ago so will see what pops out of the oven.