Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Fair enough... Although to my credit, I did sit and listen (mostly!) when Aron Bacs did his round table discussion on his history with AVI, right?

Adam
    Ok... I'll give you than one.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    That ranks among the top most amazing events I've had the pleasure to attend at SELEM.
    Please let Aron know how you feel. I know he was quite nervous about doing that presentation, which is so very unfortunate because we all really loved it and he was worried that we wouldn't like it. So yeah, when you get a chance, let him know how much you enjoyed it. Hopefully we can convince him to share more stories with us in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Ok... I'll give you that one.
    Hooray! That's one! (Not that I'm keeping score or anything)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Please let Aron know how you feel.
    Yeah, I told Aron at the end of SELEM that his chat was my favorite for the year. He was a great speaker and the content was excellent.

Speaking of SELEM talks, I'm about due to start chasing folks for commitments to speak and scheduling of times. Adam and I will chat this weekend and I'll post a rough draft ASAP.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

I'm hoping we can avoid the overlaps of popular things going on at the same time. I missed a few things last year having to agonize over which thing to see and do. I know it's tough trying to get it all figured out and I know you do your best.
    PM Sent...

If desired I can talk about making expressions in LSX for 30 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yeah, I told Aron at the end of SELEM that his chat was my favorite for the year. He was a great speaker and the content was excellent.

Speaking of SELEM talks, I'm about due to start chasing folks for commitments to speak and scheduling of times. Adam and I will chat this weekend and I'll post a rough draft ASAP.

-David
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyRobot View Post
    If desired I can talk about making expressions in LSX for 30 minutes or so.
    yes please!

(the myth of the killer ape is true)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Everyone,

First, thanks for the very kind remarks! I did enjoy telling some stories and history of the old days :-) I don't post often, but do "lurk" here multiple times a day. I don't often have a lot of free time, but SELEM has become a great event and I want to share as much info as possible to those who are interested in what I may be able to offer this community. We ALL stand on the shoulders of those who came before and worked with us!

Second, I talked with Adam a month or so ago, and I offered to talk about the mathematics behind the scenes of Analog and Digital (or Hybrid) laser graphics engines if there is enough interest. But I would like to get with swamidog, SaltyRobot (or whoever else does LSX equations), as well as anyone using Pangolin software (or whatever is similar to LSX equations within Pangolin software / I just don't know) - basically the procedural mathematics used in today’s mainstream software. PM me (or email me which I prefer).

My software image generation system is a bit different (and open ended at this point, since I am still writing / developing it), as anyone who saw an early preview of it last year. But the methods used for laser graphics generation (streaming abstract and/or digital frame based images with animation) are similar, to the extent the commercial software allows scripting or procedural mathematics to be done in creating the graphic (again abstract and/or digital framed images with animation). It is worth exploring the mathematics in any event - again if there is enough interest, as I suspect there is...

Please let me or Adam (or dkumpala?) or whoever is organizing the talks, and I will put together a good hour’s worth of talking points and demos.
    ALSO - please post what you want to learn or know about when it comes to abstract and or image generation. Maybe a couple talks spaced a day apart, or whatever you/we decide - it's fine with me.

Thanks,

Lumia (Aron)
    Did my first "Laser Lumia Show" in 1974... and have never stopped experimenting !

Hey Aron! Great, we'll definitely have you on the list.

SaltyRobot: I already had you penciled in for a slot in the LSX chat. We may have to extend the length of this session to 90min this year as we have at least a few people willing to share new techniques in LSX.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i could probably talk a little bit about LSX.. if people are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Hey Aron! Great, we'll definitely have you on the list.

SaltyRobot: I already had you penciled in for a slot in the LSX chat. We may have to extend the length of this session to 90min this year as we have at least a few people willing to share new techniques in LSX.

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i could probably talk a little bit about LSX.. if people are interested.
    Do you really think there'd be much interest?
    PM Sent...