Views:	27 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	52678
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJI_0520.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	52679

Good seeing everyone for the few hours I was there! Thanks for making Justin and I feel welcome!
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

SELEM 2017 Videos

Cotton Eyed Joe SELEM 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ3WKvNJ0cw

SELEM 2017 405 nm raster scan on UV reactive paint
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t-lSxDjcxA

SELEM 2017 Drone Course with the Mavic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODziCu0j3Bc

SELEM 2017 Group Photo above lasers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxjkwSLVTUQ

SELEM 2017 group photo wave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmc1-J1Vklc

SELEM 2017 360 degree flight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QBs...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-16-2017 at 04:06. Reason: Updated YouTube Links

Thanks everyone for another awesome SELEM!

Thanks Buffo and Brad and DKumpula for putting the backbone of the event together (and anyone else I might of missed!) Thanks Brad for cooking, thanks to all the people that brought awesome toys to play with and see. Mind is still blown that the 360 cam (the fact it can capture well on the edge of 180 degrees!) Thanks to Dan Barlow for 16 hours of geek chatter on our commute and theorizing products and geek discussion.

Thanks to all the ion heads and diode heads for the projectors and everything, thanks to X-Laser and Pangolin for food and sponsoring. Thanks again Bill Brenner.

Great chatting with some of the new attendees!

Thanks Mike Dunn, Swami, Salty Robot, Lulighttec and others for awesome shows!

Thanks to everyone man, always a good time -- sorry I missed the Orchestra show - would of loved to see it from a music and laser perspective but had to get back to work!!

Anyone, feel free to hit me up anytime you're in the DC metro area! See you all around!

\nn/

You got some really cool stuff there lazerjock! I really love the quad photos!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

What a great time! Thanks to everyone.

I was saying to Brad and Newlin that this community is so amazing, and that every single person contributes something brilliant, talented, and very unique to the show.

I took some videos and clips of the orchestra show, but it will be a couple of days until I can upload the videos.

Hey folks!

Another year, another great SELEM! It was wonderful seeing everyone! This year went surprisingly smooth in my opinion. Set-up and break-down of the club, cafeteria and auditorium were the fastest ever and reasonably free of technical issues. Its almost like we know what we are doing!

The food was great again! Can you believe that we only had pizza once this year? Thanks to Bill Witcher, Adam Raugh, Brad B. and anyone else who brought goodies for their wonderful and delicious contributions.

The highlight for me this year, as always was the interesting conversation with many fine folks. I only wish I had more time to chat with folks. I am sure that the year until SELEM 12 will pass quickly and assisted by opportunities like FLEM to get an intermediate 'rush with fellow laser-addicts'. Also remember that the PL chat room is always available to find a laser comrade when you start to 'get the shakes'.

There were many other highlights in my book including Johnny's (BlueFang) live abstract music show utilizing his Maxwell product. It honestly took my breath away. Tim & Brenden's live Laser Juice show; Tom Salt and Dave's "old-school" show and DZ/David F's live work was truly a pleasure to watch. Fantastic choreographed content from Chris Short, Jason Salt and Mike Dunn graced the auditorium as well. Its humbling to sit alongside such talent. Thanks to Sal for his on-line scheduling application. Its really cool to broadcast not only the entire schedule of presentations, auditorium shows and DJ sets, but also notify everyone of associated changes in real time. Its getting darn professional!

I am grateful to have been able to watch nearly all of the presentations this year (DZ, Chris T., Aron B, Johnny T. Jason S. Brenden, Tim, Chris S. and Bill Benner). I enjoyed them all immensely. Thank you for taking the time to share their knowledge and technical advances with us!

Thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to bring and set-up gear for the rest of us to enjoy. Everyone that shows up in a packed van (Brad, DZ) or towing a trailer (Rick, Adam, Jeff, +) to SELEM deserves a medal of honor. Packed cars and pick-up trucks as well (David F., Ethan O., +)! A warm thanks to those that make themselves available to work throughout the event. How often did you see folks like Bill Witcher, Brad Billet, Chris Tate, Adam Burns NOT busy preparing, cleaning, showing new folks around or otherwise addressing things? It's really heart-warming how everyone contributes to make this event awesome.

Finally, thanks to Adam Burns, our "laser mom". SELEM is the single, most important event I attend each year. It simply wouldn't have started or continued without your continued dedication and endless supply of energy and enthusiasm. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Until next year, my friends!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Awesome photos and videos guys -
    looks like I missed another good one!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Well said David!

Thank you for the kind words.

Were there any laser shows from Germany this year?