Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2017 Sign up thread

Registration complete... now just gotta hope that I don't end up with a conflicting day-job trip that week. I guess I could always fix that by.... dang-it - stop making me think crazy things like that Sal & Swami@!

Registration sent... XL shirt

Looks like a good list of people and still over 2 months to go. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone since I missed the last couple. I might bring my family this time... not sure. They wouldn't want to hang out at SELEM but I'm sure they'd want to peek in and see what the hoopla is all about.

I've updated the registration list as of this morning. Lots of familiar faces, and a few new ones too!

Gary, I suggest you bring the family, and if they get bored they can always jump in the car and head over to Carowinds for the day...

Adam

Can I head over to Carowinds for the day? Haven't ridden Fury 325 yet... As a matter of fact, haven't ridded many of the newer Carowinds coasters.

Its about an hour away, Johnny, but its a good detour for folks that love coasters. Carowinds is only 10 minutes away from me, but I've only ridden Fury 325 once. The wide open feel of the cars combined with the modest seat belts going up 325 feet with nothing else around that section of coaster caused my slight fear of falling to my death to get peaked. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if it were windy or a Summer storm was rolling in from the distance. Ack! There are many good coasters there, but only this one 'gets my goat'.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

whatever i'm guilty of, i approve.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    Registration complete... now just gotta hope that I don't end up with a conflicting day-job trip that week. I guess I could always fix that by.... dang-it - stop making me think crazy things like that Sal & Swami@!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Sergei and I rode Fury 325 for about half a day one year. It was awesome. He was not crazy about it, but I talked him into going, and after the first ride, it was the only thing he wanted to do!

Adam, how do you have over Two Billion Posts??? I was looking at Swami's and marveling at the high number, and then I saw yours!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    Adam, how do you have over Two Billion Posts??? I was looking at Swami's and marveling at the high number, and then I saw yours!
    spec has a sense of humor.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.