Thread: NDB7875 shortage?

Default NDB7875 shortage?

Hello Guys

It seems that there is a shortage of the NDB7875 445nm 1.6W diode among several chinese suppliers. According to techhood there is a replacement coming wich is the NDB7B77. but its not widely available yet and unstable in power.

Second the NDB7777 is also a 1.6W/445nm diode wich would be also an option for me but again not available every where. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the NDB7777 and the NBD7875?

It seems that the usual NDB7875 is no longer available in every streetcorner and the replacement is in development.

Anyone has some info what is going on?

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Hi!
    Thats one more reason why we use mostly the Osram diodes.
    It seems the NDB7B77 are not from nichia, but I havent more information now...
    Itīs a classical nichia tactic...
    BR,
    Phillip

Yea the NDB7875 is not in production anymore probably been a while and just starting to see stock dry up. The diode that is being sold as NDB7B77 is not a Nichia diode. The Datasheet snippet that is being supplied with them is fake as it has the wrong fonts. Probably completely made up specs. I have a few I got for testing. I am sure the diode is an Osram diode based on a very identifiable artifact in the raw output that every Osram diode I have seen has and have not seen in any other diode. Has three pins on a 9mm, no bar code on it and only one notch in the base all of which I have not seen in a Nichia diode.