Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: projector building: setting max driver current question

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    You want brighter get higher power projector.
    bu.. but I'm the one building it. What's the point of cramming in more diodes if I can just make the ones I have already installed draw more power? Or why should I have them underperforming and instead adding more diodes? That seems illogical. These are the questions.

At a certain point low in power your eyes saturate. All get after that is a lose of background contrast as the reflected light lights up the room. I e en tried projecting on black cardboard to fight this. Dimmer image but better contrast.
    For beam shows dude.

Why can't Pangolin and other laser programs have a command to turn on the color DAC's full power +5V for testing? My projector control console has three DMX channels that can send +5 to RGB for manual full power color control. A fourth DMX channel switches between manual color control and ILDA color control.

If lasers were a bigger pie in my business I'd just buy the testing tool Stanwax sells, or build my own. After all you just need a AC to 5V DC converter and few trimpots + two ilda connectors in some box to make this work, but I just don't bother right now as 3d mapping and dmx is mainly what I do.