Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Idea: "Lasers and Lattes" morning event at SELEM

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by djeric68 View Post
    Maybe we could all bring our modified g-beams and ML10s to SELEM for a huge retro Mobolazer beam show. I have at least 10 bounce mirrors I could bring plus 2 G-Scan heads and 2 SC-100 scan heads.
    Oh God, it's bad enough I rent a cargo van.... wonder if I can get a CDL and rent a tractor trailer between now and SELEM. Ugh.
    PM Sent...

Hire out LTL freight. Easier to unload too since we can go right off the truck into the back doors at the dock!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    wonder if I can get a CDL and rent a tractor trailer between now and SELEM. Ugh.
    Technically you don't need a CDL so long as your combined gross vehicle weight does not exceed 26,000 pounds. So a short cab tractor and a 20' container on a short trailer would probably be OK... Just sayin'...

But yeah, tossing in a few mobolazers shouldn't take up too much space!

Regarding the mirrors on the G-beams, I've put the 3 watt 445 diodes in those things without any issues. (even the ones with the plastic arms on the actuators) My guess is you could probably go a little higher and still be OK, especially if you use a bare 445 diode and don't have secondary optics to correct the fast axis.

Adam

It would be interesting to see how many people have put 1W or higher diodes in their mobolazers. Maybe we could all bring our modified g-beams and ML10s to SELEM for a huge retro Mobolazer beam show. I have at least 10 bounce mirrors I could bring plus 2 G-Scan heads and 2 SC-100 scan heads.
    I actually brought a flight case (carpeted 3/4" wood or something) and a some sort of scan head system that had a remote control pin pad type ordeal and a scanner head to the swap meet area, no one bought it and I ended up bringing it back home! Anyone want to trade it for a PCAOM + driver? !?!?!

Someone else had one with a RGB lasers + driver + DMX thing strapped to it IIRC, Rich from TX.

Two of mine don't have original yokes, one does. Wouldn't mind finding more real yokes. But I think one of mine will end up w/ swamidog

Oh God, it's bad enough I rent a cargo van.... wonder if I can get a CDL and rent a tractor trailer between now and SELEM. Ugh.
    For MAGFest we rent like $20,000 worth of the 26' non-CDL Penske straight trucks w/ lift gates to move arcade games. They run about $1K a week when said and done with rental, insurance and fuel.

When I priced out trailer rentals, the trailer rental price was around that of the straight trucks from Ryder/Penske plus cost to have someone move it. And the trailers with liftgates (rare) probably don't operate without a tractor attached -- not sure.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I
    AM
    NOT
    RENTING
    A
    TRACTOR
    TRAILER
    FOR
    SELEM

7/7/17 @ 11:51am
    PM Sent...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I
    AM
    NOT
    RENTING
    A
    TRACTOR
    TRAILER
    FOR
    SELEM

SEZ YOU

(the myth of the killer ape is true)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    I actually brought a flight case (carpeted 3/4" wood or something) and a some sort of scan head system that had a remote control pin pad type ordeal and a scanner head to the swap meet area, no one bought it and I ended up bringing it back home!
    Damn - I missed this! Got pics? I might be interested!

I
    AM
    NOT
    RENTING
    A
    TRACTOR
    TRAILER
    FOR
    SELEM

Sure, sure, you say that now. We've still got a month left for you to change your mind!

Adam

Maybe we could all bring our modified g-beams and ML10s to SELEM for a huge retro Mobolazer beam show. I have at least 10 bounce mirrors I could bring plus 2 G-Scan heads and 2 SC-100 scan heads.
    I bring mine every year but it's usually on the truss in the Club. Has 5W of RGB on board but these days I'm lucky to see 2.5 out of it. G-Scans weren't doing it for me so I fashioned a DT40 into a turret

I'll also have 10 bounce mirrors with me... Perhaps we can figure out a way to spread the mobos out within the club for extra soupy fun!

I can bring more bounce mirrors if someone wants to take the time to target them... I've got stands for them too.

Adam