Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FPV Drone exhibition race @ SELEM

Default FPV Drone exhibition race @ SELEM

As many of you know there will be an FPV drone exhibition race at SELEM. There are a few people already slated to participate, but the more racers we can get the more fun it is for everyone.
    This is not a competition it is an exhibition. You do not need to be a professional drone racer to do this.

If you have an FPV drone and would like to participate please let me know. Include what equipment you plan to fly and what experience level you feel you are.

We are also considering setting up an indoor race course for the small Inductrix/Tiny Whoop FPV racers in the cafeteria, if there is enough interest.
    1. Would you like to see an indoor race too?
    2. Would you like to participate?

If you have the equipment and would like to participate in the indoor exhibition race, also let me know. The indoor race is not a definite yet, it will depend on the number of responses.

I will be flying for sure!

Main bird is the Vortex - flying stock props and a 3S, 2200mAh battery. Heavy and slow, I know, but I'm still getting used to this thing.
    Will also bring my Inductrix (modified "Tiny-whoop" style for indoor FPV flight) and maybe my other 250-series racing quad.

Love the idea of an indoor Inductrix exhibition race. Not competitive - just for fun! (Which is good, because while I'm an OK pilot, I *suck* at flying the Inductrix under chairs or tables in FPV mode... Just too fast for me to react!) Gotta be a wide course if you want me to be able to complete more than 1 lap without crashing! Honestly, that probably goes for the outdoor course as well, although the track we had last year was pretty good.

I will bring an extra set of goggles if anyone wants to "ride along" and see what it looks like from the pilot's perspective.

How about Johnny (BlueFang)? Pretty sure he's got some FPV gear. And Adam Raugh might be bringing someone with him who also just got into FPV flying...

Adam

Excellent!
    Thanks Adam.

Ping....Anyone interest in this?

BlueFang was talking about possibly bringing his 250 drone... He did say that he would definitely bring his inductrix though. so that's at least 3 of us for indoor, and possibly outdoor as well.

Adam

Three is better than two. Lol
    I will be bringing stuff to set up a new outdoor track and really COOL indoor track. (Think Air Gates, LED's & a Tunnel.....) Hope it's not too much.
    Also, for the indoor track I plan to bring my video projector to show what I see in the goggles. I have a second video projector I can bring if there is a way to get another pilot's video to it. I don't have anymore video receivers.

Well I can't fly a drone for beans.. but they are still a lot of fun. If anyone's gotta kiddie crash course edition ide love to hang out... shoot the shit and drone play! I had two garbage China ones about two years back and almost got the hang..

Great!! The count down is on.

I managed to replace the chassis on my Inductrix yesterday without losing any parts. Old one had a few broken spars that hold the prop shrouds, and I didn't want to fly it like that at SELEM. I also have some new 1S batteries on order, as I can't get more than about 2 minutes out of my old ones.

Still need to do some repair work on my old 250 quad, but the Vortex is flying just fine! Might bring one or two other birds just for the heck of it, but my focus is going to be on the Inductrix for indoors and the Vortex for outdoor fun.

Adam

I ordered new batteries for my Inducrix & replaced the frame too. Great minds think alike.

I bought one of these for the indoor track. And some battery powered LED strings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	52614

And these for the outdoor track.

Name:	FPV-Racing-Track-Signs-dish-training-track-DISC-CONES-for-FPV-competition-drone-racing-Track-arc.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	52615

I made 3 of these for the outdoor track too.

Name:	mqdefault.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	52616

It should be a lot of fun this year!