Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay listing: Laser-Beam-Steering-MEMS-Mirrors

Default Ebay listing: Laser-Beam-Steering-MEMS-Mirrors

These mirrors are not made for much of the visible spectrum, but you guys might like this for something. Good reflectivity for red and NIR-IR wavelengths.

Lot of 10, Texas Instruments Laser Beam Steering MEMS Mirror - Unused | eBay

Two Axis, Gimbaled Mirror ±5 Degrees Mechanical Rotation One Mirror, mm2 in Area Electromagnetic Actuation Low Voltage Operation Low Optical Insertion Loss (>95% Reflectivity, >5 m Radius of Curvature) High Precision Position Feedback (13-Bit Resolution) High Performance (<5 ms Switch Time) High Reliability Simple Drive Requirements * Tilt Angle Linear with Applied Current Windowless Package * Allows Use in Multiple Light Steering Applications

Trying to find the original price for these was difficult, but I did find this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/l...mirror-devices - Appears they were terribly expensive to buy new but still unable to find the old prices, I saw 150 dollars each at one web site, over 400 at another, so not sure. Greater than 95% reflectivity from 0.65 to 10 micron wavelength, 700 mw max laser input power. Maybe can be used in shorter vis with loss anyway?

Datasheet: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%2.../TALP1000B.pdf

Edit: Found an article about this device: Large Hybrid High Precision MEMS Mirrors https://photos.imageevent.com/qdf_fi...515149-MIT.pdf
    Last edited by Laser57; 09-09-2017 at 10:30.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Thanks for the links...
    I see a possible new project on the horizon..

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Fairly small target at a bit more than 3 mm x 3 mm, I am considering using some with single mode diodes with the sweep increased by adding another mirror on a pedestal which would rotate CCW etc.

edit; putting this question in:

Does anyone know where I can find a motorised rotating 45 degree mirror like depicted in this drawing, below? looking for something I can use with one of these small mirrors to both produce a larger sweep, as well as allow circular positioning;

Last edited by Laser57; 09-10-2017 at 06:04.

Just pulled the trigger... Was ~$20 to ship to
    Canada.

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Ouch, I bought five orders of those packs. I have some ideas and using a large number of these solves a big problem I've been thinking about for two years.

This looks like fun stuff. According to Bill Benner's book, MEMS devices can be operated up to 40 degrees optical in resonant mode and 20 degrees for galvanometric operation. These are 10 degrees optical in resonant mode, if I read things right.

Still, they could be a lot of fun what fun for someone that has the skills to build a controller and has a project that matches with the limited power and reflection wavelengths available in this model. I look forward to seeing what you bright fellows can do with them.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Laser57, do you want to be able to rotate the 45 degree mirror at speed or slowly with positional control. If it's the former, a 'spinner' motor from an internal drum imagesetter is probably exactly what you need, see here for an example of one

dkumpula, i did see they are resonant at 140 Hz, maybe they can swing further at resonance than the plus or minus 5 degrees. i am currently in Iraq, might not be home to Alaska for some time to come, but I'm trying to come up with the parts ahead of time. I could pour myself into this to make a fancy digital controller, but the patterns I want are simple and won't require that kind of sophistication. At most, the ability to vary how far the beam swings and which direction is all I want. Of course, these dual axis units can do that too, but I'd like more swing in one axis.

Noblegas, I followed that link, that looks like what I'm after, but a very small version of it. Thanks much, I didn't know what they were called to be able to search for those.

edit; Reading the MIT paper, the author states there are mechanical stops at plus and minus 10 degrees, if 20 degrees of swing, even if it isn't linear, is possible, i'm happy
    Last edited by Laser57; 09-10-2017 at 10:54.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Laser 57, The three devices pictured are surplus to my needs, and have a ball bearing rotation stage as their base. I need to recover my costs, so 75$ each, shipped within occonus.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_184424.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	52841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_184409.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	52842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_184424.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	52841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170910_184409.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	52842Maglite, shown for scale, not included, two of them have motors and position potentiometers which I have bot tested. Mirror is 45' dichroic, transmits deep blue, reflects Red,yellow etcSteve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...