Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Viasho lasers ?

Default Viasho lasers ?

Give me your reviews of viasho lasers
    Im looking to buy 2x 3000mw units and i want to be sure ther are good lasers.

Got others brand ?show me !!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I think if you do enough searching on this forum, you'll find the general impression of them has been somewhat poor over the years. I guess it depends on what it is you are looking at but, historically, their DPSS 532 greens in particular have tended to have reports of loss of power over time. Myself included. Not a lot of people wanted to touch them for repair either.
    PM Sent...

Im looking for a full diode 520nm.

You have a number of choices out there for 520 modules. Goldenstar Lasers has been a "go to" for a number of people here and their price on a 3 watt module is pretty reasonable at around $800 or less. Lightspace may still sell individual modules, as well as Kvant. Depending on where you are in the world there may be more recommendations as even members here build some nice modules. slicklasers, jors, just to name a couple. I can't say anything about Viasho from a diode standpoint though, as I've never seen a Viasho diode based module.
    PM Sent...

Sorry i want 2 rgb unit with full diode (no dpss) 40k scanners

Ah... ok. 3 watt laser projectors are everywhere. Funny how they've almost become "entry level" but, cost has played a big part in that. Several things come into play with regards to a response to that question then. If you are in the US, then it needs to be a US compliant projector if you are going to do anything on a public basis. And I would assume with 2, 3 watt RGB's that this is more than just for fun in your basement or living room. In most other parts of the world, your choices expand to include numerous brands. The next thing is your intended use - primarily for viewing beams or graphics and abstracts? I'll guess beams, as 3 watts is more than you need for most graphic situations and, you'd likely not need two. I own several brands. Most people are going to tell you that you can't go wrong with the Kvant Clubmax line. Myself personally have been a fan of Lightspace projectors. I'm currently drooling over a few offerings from X-Laser. I know others who have been very pleased with projectors from Goldenstar. But you can go on and on with things from Laserworld, Tarm, Brightlight (Edison here on the forum), Cittadini, Slick lasers, RGB Lasersystems, and even Viasho. The list goes on and I'm probably missing some obvious ones here. So... where you are located and your intended use are the next questions, followed by, what is your budget?
    PM Sent...

I'm from canada so i think there no regulation for laser - only permit when you are outdoors - i have around 2500$ 2800$ canadian for both units. i use it for beam-boxes-asbtracts etc. but i'm planning to do some projection trought water screens mostly abstract and fractals and 3d shapes.

i know Kvant but they are SOO expensive, i'm not at this state for now.. i actualy have a cheap chinese TTL rgb 1.5w unit i want to upgrade to next level ! but i will do like MAX 8 to 10 show per year. so i dont need the TOP notch unit. let's say midrange ..

(btw sory for my english i'm french canadian :P)

Well... Goldenstar P RGB3000 could be a good possibility and under your budget. They have 650mW of 637, 1watt of 520 and 1.4 watts of (supposedly) singlemode 462. 1.2mR with a less than 4mm beam for about $1,000. Not certain about the scanners. Lightspace Venus II's )or Starburst 3000's would end up being a touch over budget but, they're really nice projectors in that price range. I suspect you can look at the Laserworld line as well. Others may chime in too but, based on your budget, I'd get in contact with Goldenstar.
    PM Sent...

When u say single mode its TTL right. I want analog modulation.

Quote Originally Posted by glitchqc View Post
    When u say single mode its TTL right. I want analog modulation.
    No, single mode is not TTL. Single mode is the type of diode used in the module. For the tight beam you want for graphics, single mode reds are the best. Goldenstar lasers are serious, and deliver value for money.

Everybody wants a Porche, but most of us drive a Volkswagen.

Espen
    __________________________________________________ __________

More projects than time available.
    More projects started than finished.
    More money spent than earned.
    More failure than success.
    Just got to love lasers!