Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New KVANT Clubmax FB4 series product video

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

how can i fix this on my projector? does disabling the circuit also disable the interlock delay as i was told?

i like my projector, but this "feature" is really irritating and diminishes the quality of my work.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikan View Post
    I know what you mean. Yes, this was how the circuit was actually designed. The sensitivity settings determined the minimum angle of projection (normally set to around 3 degrees in the factory I think) and if the projection angle dropped below that value, the shutter went down. So if there was an effect where its size on X or Y (or both) axis was going repeatably below minimum value, it would cause the shutter to go on & off as many times as the size would get below and over the treshold.

For these situations there was the other safety mode which allowed you to do whatever you wanted and was checking that the scanners were functional.

The new Clubmax FB4 has this sorted in different way and on more levels so this doesn't happen anymore.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Swami,
    Unless I’m mistaken, there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the circuit that causes the shutter to close (aside from the bypass method).
    I’ve seen the instructions, but don’t recall where i saw them.
    Pretty sure if you email Kvant, you would get the instructions to do that.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    how can i fix this on my projector? does disabling the circuit also disable the interlock delay as i was told?

i like my projector, but this "feature" is really irritating and diminishes the quality of my work.

thank you
    Please PM me your email address and I'll get one of our tech support guys to get in touch with you.
    Martin Pelikan
    KVANT Laser Systems UK
    www.kvantlasers.co.uk

Please post the fix here - I have 2 cm3000's that need attention.

Thanks...Mike
    Runs with Lasers

Pangolin also so have a fix. contact them, it involved moving a jumper internally, once done i have experienced no drama on to CM3000

Yep, there are actually 2 scanfail safety systems, one has sensitivity settings that can be overriden by a jumper, the other one has to be permanently blobbed but this is only an issue for users of Mamba DAC or the ones that lack the scanfail signal.

Feel free to delete my post if this should not be posted here but seems like more ppl have similar problems, here is how I've resolved it, thanks to you lot:
    https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...910#post337910

Kvant's customer service is amazing (Czech/Slovakia), got pushed straight to the tech guy and had description in my native language in minutes <3
    My kit: Mamba Elements V3 & DAC, ILD SOS & LaserCam, LaserDock DAC, Kvant Clubmax 1800 (2017)