Thread: Tom Petty, Yet Another Great Musician Lost

Default Tom Petty, Yet Another Great Musician Lost

Yesterday, Tom Petty, having just completed what he thought was his last big tour passed away after cardiac arrest. Tom's music aged well over the decades and his list of hits is damn impressive.

This said, there is some irony that he just finished touring with his band, The Heartbreakers. Or perhaps it was just a case of an American Girl who wouldn't Stop Draggin' His Heart Around. . .

I know, I know, you're thinking Don't Do Me Like That, he probably just had a Last Dance With Mary Jane as he was Learning to Fly many years ago. Yes, yes, You Got Lucky that you got to listen to his music all these years and now Tom's gone off Into the Great Wide Open. But I Won't Back Down and I Need to Know if his music meant something to you as well.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

tom petty on entering heaven:

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Yesterday, Tom Petty, having just completed what he thought was his last big tour passed away after cardiac arrest. Tom's music aged well over the decades and his list of hits is damn impressive.

This said, there is some irony that he just finished touring with his band, The Heartbreakers. Or perhaps it was just a case of an American Girl who wouldn't Stop Draggin' His Heart Around. . .

I know, I know, you're thinking Don't Do Me Like That, he probably just had a Last Dance With Mary Jane as he was Learning to Fly many years ago. Yes, yes, You Got Lucky that you got to listen to his music all these years and now Tom's gone off Into the Great Wide Open. But I Won't Back Down and I Need to Know if his music meant something to you as well.

-David
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post

-David
    Yer So Bad.

This one hit me hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bungy View Post
    Yer So Bad.

This one hit me hard.
    Yeah, sorry. I couldn't help going Straight Into Darkness. I guess I'll be The Wild One, Forever.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"