Thread: Major ion laser haul

Default Major ion laser haul

Hi,

I might have the possibility to get a top of the line laser display system from back in the days based around Coherent Sabre (15W) and Star (5W) lasers complete with everything!
    I don't need it all and can't even store it since it is like 8 pallets of gear. It might be a "take it all or leave it" deal and I hate to see it go to recycling (!).
    Its not free but cheap, we need to possibly pay for transport and some slight bribes!
    The stuff is located in southern Sweden so if someone in Northern Europe/Denmark/Sweden is interested in some of it, send me a PM!

Sweden is certainly a little out of my neck of the woods, so I can't help give any of the equipment a good home. But would like to see some photos of the collection, just out of curiosity. If you happen to take any pics, please post them here.

I've came to respect the ruggedness of Coherent plasma tubes. But, it never hurts to check, though. Might want to bring along some tools and an Oudin coil.

Good luck. Hope you can give some of the equipment a home.

Well, looks like it is happening the coming weekend, wish me luck! Still no home for the Sabre so it might be scrapped but I will try my best!

If only Sweden was a little closer, I would drive over to help sift through your haul

sounds great, I wish I had three phase electricity for a big Argon. I'd love to see some photos of it.