Thread: Solutions how to improve BEYOND frame rate?

Default Solutions how to improve BEYOND frame rate?

Hello all,
    Sorry if this question has been asked before, it's a bit of a noob question and I tried searching for an answer first.
    I noticed on Pangolin BEYOND that some of the cues the frame rate drops to below 20FPS, particularly cues with the colour blue. Can anyone tell me some techniques how do I improve the frame rate please? What causes the frame rate to drop, Is it to do with software or hardware...?
    FYI, I have a couple of 25k scan RGB TTL projectors connected via one FB3 USB/IDLA adaptor. However I noticed this issue whether I have the lasers connected or not.

best regards,

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

frame rate is a relationship between number of points in the frame and the kpps (kilo points per second) you are projecting at.

colors within the frame has no bearing on frame or point rate.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousLights View Post
    Hello all,
    Sorry if this question has been asked before, it's a bit of a noob question and I tried searching for an answer first.
    I noticed on Pangolin BEYOND that some of the cues the frame rate drops to below 20FPS, particularly cues with the colour blue. Can anyone tell me some techniques how do I improve the frame rate please? What causes the frame rate to drop, Is it to do with software or hardware...?
    FYI, I have a couple of 25k scan RGB TTL projectors connected via one FB3 USB/IDLA adaptor. However I noticed this issue whether I have the lasers connected or not.

best regards,
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Devide the content over multiple projectors manually, have someone make your graphics more efficiently, the new upcoming distributed scanning feature, splitting the projection area by using ALSO TO zone in beyond.

It's all about the point count per frame vs the scanrate you are running at.

As above, or consider upgrading your scanners. A 25K rating, whilst fine for beams is slow for graphics. Also, unless they're a very high end brand, your scanners might not make a true 25K (25k @ 8 Degrees ILDA), as at least some Chinese manufacturers test in ways that deviate from the standard ILDA test, typically smaller angles.

The faster your scanners are capable of going, the less of an issue you'll have with FPS at 25K.