Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellow lumia

I need to find an inexpensive Kr. Or ArKr with yellow line. I can add green and blue all day

Ok so I setup the prisms. So am I then to use a galvo to select the color to send to the second prism? Could I also just tilt the second prism? I can do that with a servo and save a galvo. This weekend is lumia weekend

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

David mentioned the same thing I was going to. Knocking the white beam out of alignment and putting it through a concave lens was the first thing and that may help get the yellow but, then he also held one of those water soluble balls in front of it. I'd test it with one that florists use for filling glass containers and holding flower stems in place while looking invisible. Although rather than being the size of a dime like most I have seen, his was about the diameter of a nickel.

Pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPhone DL 21814 013.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	53137

Name:	IPhone DL 21814 016.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	53138

Name:	IPhone DL 21814 015.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	53139

Also the concave lens was out of one of those Casio projectors we raped of blue diodes years ago.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Ok so I setup the prisms. So am I then to use a galvo to select the color to send to the second prism? Could I also just tilt the second prism? I can do that with a servo and save a galvo. This weekend is lumia weekend
    The concept of Laserium's beam torquer was to separate the individual beams into a ribbon made up of red, yellow, green, and blue beams that were no longer superimposed. By shifting the angle of the mirror the ribbon of beams are linearly offset but remain parallel to their original position. Rotating the prism will change the angle of the beams and they won't remain parallel as the prism is rotated. Rotating the prism might be okay for a single lumia effect, but if you want to feed multiple effects at different distances from the prism the beams will get farther apart at each effect. There's no one right way to do any of this. Laserium did it this way because they were using an ion laser and this was a pretty elegant design for the time. Times change.

(The original Laserium beam torquer design produced a bit of angular error that was later eliminated by moving the beam torquer mirror out from between the prisms. The ribbon of beams from the prisms passed through a positive lens to focus on the beam torquer mirror and the result was recollimated by a second lens eliminating the original error while still having the ability to generate a linear offset to the "ribbon".)
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

The yellows in that first pic are just awesome. Thanks for finding those pics, Brad.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"