Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any way to extend this flat cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Farbe View Post
    Maybe its possible to change the optical path? Like using a mirror to change the lens form "up" to left?
    Then it would collide with the cooling system, both are in the same level and same height.
    Even that aside assuming I could flip and bend the cooling system to a new shape I'm skeptical just lenghtening the path between the DMD and first lens even a little would work as is perfectly. Plus it would still be wider on one side than needed.

How long do you think it would take for an experienced PCB engineer to make a stripped down version of this board?
    with everything related to VGA input, speakers, USB reader, SD reader, battery power, power switch and LED, fan connectors for controlling fan speed, ir remote features, OS with menu and menu buttons removed? There would remain the LED connectors, LED controller, the two DMD controllers, DC in, HDMI in and AUX out left.

Hey,

um i think it will take a long time, i think i would not do it.

i think you need to buy a development kit from TI
    and i think it is very unlikely to design a board and have everything working with the first board prototype

maybe 4-5 weeks full-time.
    programming is also required

for a prototyp and you don't know if anyone will buy it.. its to expensive

Maybe you can use a prototyping platform
    http://www.ti.com/tool/TIDA-00384?jktype=design

13,4cmx8,1cm fully assembled 125lm but only 720p

Thank you.

I already spent about $700 on a 720p system, the resolution just doesn't cut it.
    Difficult situation indeed, should I spend more or let what I've spent already ($2000) go to waste and freeze this project indefinitely.

4-5 weeks is about $2000-2500 total for the rates of some people I know. Maybe I should get it going, I think I've researched enough to conclude there aren't other 1080p units in this form factor and available as OEM.

I'd like to provide all the necessary info to my PCB engineer though.
    You mentioned programming is required, do you mean the programming of the DLP and R,G,B LED controller chips? Or is there more?
    Did you mean in your post that *I* need to buy a dev kit from TI in the sense of using that instead of a commercial projector, or that *the pcb engineer* will need to get a dev kit to be able to complete the job? I think there are reference designs and documents to start building by just buying the controller chips from TI but you'll know better than me.

Of course I'll supply a full M6 projector to the engineer so they can test their own board on it.

That said, 15 cm is plenty to extend the cable enough to be able to flip the board...

Sans the heatpipes what AAXA has as an OEM unit seems 1:1 identical to this optical engine by a chinese company whose website is linked in the Texas Instruments website.
    I'm still waiting for a response from them but please check my photos and let me know if you see any difference between the two.
    http://www.anhuaoe.com/en/product_detail/id/205
    https://imgur.com/a/WhE4z

Since the heat pipes are sold separately and the board dimensions are useless AAXA might as well be just a reseller but still asking for a MOQ.