Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lorentz attractor and analog computers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCB Design_ lorentz harvard.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	53210

next iteration. is it an Aztec or space invaders?

Question. Is the ilda standard bipolar 5v? Cuz my board is bipolar 15v. So I need to revise again to add trim pots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schematic Design_ lorentz harvard.pdf 
Views:	2 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	53239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCB Design_ lorentz harvard.pdf 
Views:	5 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	53240lorentz havard.zip

This is the schematic, the board, and a fab file. I use pcbartist. I order through the software. I have no way to offer the board to you other than this.
    I ordered three boards. All three are spoken for. If you want me to order for you I can do so.

I used the mpy multiplier and the 411 opamps because it is a know to work design. I used the DRV134 single to balanced drivers to make it simple. You could skip those and wire as you wish. Also I cap'd the hell out of the board. You most likely don't need any of them but if you get noise it is nice to have the holes to fill.

The taps are just points that looked interesting on the board for color modulation. None of the ilda connector stuff is connected to the Lorentz generator so you could use the board for other reasons.
    The Rvar pot is a variable that changes the Lorentz attractor variable R. It makes different patterns. You could VC this if you like.

The Speed section requires you to change caps to vary the speed of the trace. ALL THREE have to change the same amount. I was thinking to make this really slow to move my beam over my lumia. It will never repeat but will hopefully look more interesting then just going in a circle.

Yes you could use other multipliers and other opamps and yes some are cheaper. This works. Have fun. Pictures to be posted once assembled and running. This will also drive a liquid crystal lumia I have brewing.
    Last edited by kecked; 11-21-2017 at 12:24.

One last point. The trim pots on the ilda single ended input are there to reduce the voltage to the needed +/-5 for your projector. This board was made to run on bipolar 12-15v and the output signal would over drive any projector. Note the ilda pots are 47k and the Rvar pot is 500k. Single turn pots are fine for the ilda side but use a 10 or more pot for the Rvar pot as little changes make a huge change. It's a chaos system after all.

Any ideas to make a voltage controlled cap over the range 100nf-10uf? Never tried that. Gyrator for inductance plenty of ways for resistance. not sure for capacitance other than motor and plates and varactor is not enough. Pins tunnels doubtful. multiple wafer switch yesbut not what I mean. Want fully variable.

Multiplexer as the switch might be interesting.

boards in will be stuffing soon....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	694.3 KB 
ID:	53296

Finished with output. Can’t seem to load up .mov clip here.