Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Goldenstar or Lightspace?

Does anyone have a manual for the Light Space Starburst 3000? I bought one from Melody on Facebook and it arrived with no paperwork.

Chris

Have you emailed Melody to ask her to email you one?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Default Manual Starburst 3000

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Have you emailed Melody to ask her to email you one?

Yes I have left several IM's for her. I don't want to be a neg but it sure would be nice to test my new purchase. Are dip switch settings common among the Light Space projectors and if so does anyone have a menu of settings.

Hello Everyone

Don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, but if someone is here, I would like to pose another question.

I have begun to realize that a scan speed of 40k may not be quite enough to provide a very noticeable improvement in graphical performance. Of course, I still have not seen a 40k system, but I believe this to be fairly common knowledge. At first, I considered the possibility of a Kavant projector with Saturn 1s, but it seems like this would require an upgrade to Beyond or the search for a faster DAC. I am also a little concerned about the low output power of the event 2000. Lately, I have been wondering about the purchase of two light space projectors and assigning each one to perform different elements of the show. Each projector would be capable of 40k, the highest speed possible in Quickshow. But I have concerns. Firstly, I am slightly afraid that the geometric correction in Quickshow lacks the precision required to align the two projected images properly. I am also wondering how the output quality of these scanners would compare to a set of Saturns running at full speed. The fact that I can get 3x the output power and a similar equivalent speed is tempting. Does anyone have experience running shows like this?

Thanks to everyone for all of the great advice that has been presented here.

Well if you’re Main concern is graphics, stick to Kvant with saturn scanners,
    If you’re just doing beam shows, then save and go with Lightspace.
    If you want to do both well, then step up to the Kvant with saturn scanners and you also get a 2 year warranty.

Bottom line is, the kvants are better, but the Lightspace projectors aren’t bad either, i just wouldn’t do corporate graphics shows with the Lightspace Projectors

I own both
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    Well if you’re Main concern is graphics, stick to Kvant with saturn scanners,
    If you’re just doing beam shows, then save and go with Lightspace.
    If you want to do both well, then step up to the Kvant with saturn scanners and you also get a 2 year warranty.

Bottom line is, the kvants are better, but the Lightspace projectors aren’t bad either, i just wouldn’t do corporate graphics shows with the Lightspace Projectors

I own both
    Thanks for the advice.

Having worked with units from both manufacturers, What differences have you observed? What are the weaknesses of the cheaper unit?

Also worded the previous post poorly. What I was considering was the use of two 40k Lightspace units to scan at a similar rate to one set of Saturns. This way, I could also use the two projectors for better beam shows when graphics were not necessary, where a single Kvant would not be as impressive. Would you still recommend the Kvant?

The Lightspace units have been solid, and the scanners do the job almost as well as the Pangolin scanners in the Kvant, for half the price.
    Most of my gigs are just EDM stuff, so they do that job well.
    But if you can swing it, I would go with kvants with saturn scanners no doubt.
    It really just depends on your clients, if you’re planning on doing corporate shows, definitely go with Kvant, they are just a step above Lightspace . The kvants with saturn scanners would excel for graphics types shows.
    The Lightspace do graphics well, and have been reliable, but complex graphics would require better scanners.
    If I were you, I would get a pair of Lightspace for beams and aerials, and get a Kvant strictly for graphics

And regarding the software, Definitely upgrade to Beyond, that’s a no brainer !
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

Thanks for everything, but I belive there is some confusion.

I don't actually have a laser production company YET.

For now, I am a hobbyist seeking the best graphics for the best price. I have plans to start a business, but the time is not right yet. I am trying to secure the best performance, both to wow me and the small crowds I perform for now, and to impress clients in the future. for the lowest price. I would love to upgradeto beyond, but am trying to avoid it due to the high price when I am already pleased with Quickshow(besides the Scanspeed Limmitation).
    Last edited by Glrock; 12-18-2017 at 19:41.

Ok, I’ll simplify this.
    Go with the Kvant with saturn scanners, based on your graphics requirements.
    You won’t regret it.
    I would personally go with the Clubmax 6800.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

I think Carlos' advice is spot-on. I would only add that you can't run more than 40Kpps using Quickshow. The best graphics software available (IMO) is Beyond. So I think it boils down to:

1) If you want to do top notch graphics, the combination of a projector with Saturn 1s and Beyond is the long-term, no-compromise option.

2) If you want to do less demanding graphics and have two projectors for more beam capability, go with two Lightspace projectors with the intent to get a high-end graphics projector later.

3) If you are Bradfo69, purchase all of the above and put it in the massive pile of accumulated laser equipment.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"