Thread: Tunable HeNe laser

Default Tunable HeNe laser

Asking the impossible, but hey...

Does anyone have one of these they want to offload.

http://www.pro-lite.co.uk/File/REO_Tunable_Laser.pdf

Must be a *very* reasonable price 😂
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

define 'reasonable' lol. They're out there... but most of them are at least a couple grand working. What do you want one for?

Impossible to define reasonable, I guess the nearest answer would be as reasonable a price as possible for a laser in as good condition as possible .

For me, as a pure hobbyist, I would only be buying it as something to look at and drool over and add to a steadily growing collection of other HeNe's of various hues.

Other than that I have no use for it in a scientific way and would not be making money from it. It would perhaps make an appearance at the UK Laser meets generally held on a bi-annual basis. During the course of which others may think it's a cool bit of kit before going back to their all singing and dancing super-powered lasers running the latest software. In the meantime i'd be sat in a corner somewhere playing with lumia and abstracts in a mad scientist sort of way
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatekaiser View Post
    define 'reasonable' lol. They're out there... but most of them are at least a couple grand working. What do you want one for?
    Sam and I have two. $2,500 for the PMS version, $3K for the newer model REO. Phil and Sam (Sam's Laser FAQ)
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

The PMS laser is nice and outputs over spec powers. Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

yeah, I've considered buying one from you guys, but way too expensive. especially when I already have all four in dedicated tubes, so kinda no point. I bought my 577 Taipan for less than that. I have one with a dead tube though. I just use the prism on other lasers to get the same effect.